Automation Process Owner
Purpose of role:
The Automation Process Owner reports to the Automation Team Leader. The role will be responsible for identifying automation process candidates, requirements gathering, documenting Automation workflows and providing support to production workflows across a range of new and emerging technologies. The primary focus will be on automation through Robot Process Automation (RPA), but with an expectation to apply the same principles to other forms of emerging automation technology.
Reports to: Automation Team Lead
- Analyse new Robot Process Automation (RPA) opportunities, quickly assessing the feasibility and broad high-level complexity of effort;
- Understand the risks, assumptions, and dependencies associated with the process;
- Document business processes to the granular level of detail (user story) and defined acceptance criteria required for an Automation program;
- Create, or help the Global Process Owners to create, user acceptance test (UAT) and Hypercare/Post Live Monitoring documents, identifying all the process scenarios and exceptions and their expected outcomes;
- Create and document test cases for negative scenarios, in order to document workflow behaviour when certain systems malfunction, as well as performance scenarios, in order to stress test systems behaviour;
- Support the Finance Operations Team and stakeholders across Finance during the UAT and Hypercare/Post Live monitoring rollout phases;
- Review workflows developed by others to ensure compliance with internal control/security / audit requirements;
- Act as a central point of knowledge and control for business processes, communicating with the Global Process Owners and the Business Teams to answer any queries that arise during the development and testing of an automated solution.
- Collaborate with Primark’s Automation CoE Team to:
- Support capacity analysis of bots in Production
- Define process dashboard to be used by Process SME for robot process monitoring
- Support Process SMEs when issues appear in production robots’ operations
- Solve issues that arise in the day-to-day running of RPA implemented processes and assisting in the provision of timely responses and solutions as required
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Good oral presentation skills with the ability to present non-technical details to a technical audience;
- Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation;
- Good inter-personal skills, communicating well with process SMEs, business process owners, and other members of the Automation team;
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to challenges, either individually or as part of a team
- Requirements gathering skills, able to capture business processes using both existing process documentation and process walkthroughs with the staff performing the process;
- Ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualize it as an automated solution;
- Understanding of formal change control and defect management disciplines;
- Experience in monitoring, reporting, and auditing;
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering.
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- 0-2 years’ experience with designing, monitoring or documenting workflows using Automation Anywhere/Power Automate/UI Path/Alteryx or similar is essential
- Finance background and/or a knowledge of industry-leading ERPs (Oracle Financials etc) would be an advantage
- Experience of general Business/Operational Analyst background with strong technical proficiency an advantage
- Experience with Agile project lifecycle also an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.