Analyst Business Banking Segment Finance
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Business Banking (BB) is a key client facing business group within the Commonwealth Bank. The clients of BB include the Banks corporate, regional and agribusiness and small business clients and caters to all product needs including business lending, everyday business banking, share trading & margin lending, home lending and consumer finance
Business Banking distribution finance is a divisional finance team within the Financial Services division. BB Finance provides specialist finance services and advice to effectively support the Small Business Banking and Regional and Agri banking team.
BB Finance has dedicated teams to provide financial performance and analysis services to enable effective decision making by various stakeholders.
Do work that matters
Key areas of impact & contribution include;
- Management of month end reporting cycle, half and full year end reporting
- Financial controls - financial and non-financial risk control oversight
- Engagement with BB Finance to ensure a proactive and transparent approach to risk
- Working with BB Finance BI platform focused on identifying areas of commercial value
- Developing and building reporting and dashboards using BI tools
- Compliance with group wide policies and delivery protocols
- Assess business opportunities and providing commercial advice and input
- Supporting the business with ad-hoc financial analysis and decision support
- Ensure integrity, timeliness of financial data and reconciliation to supporting systems
- Facilitate process improvement initiatives to the reporting, planning and analysis
- Analysis of business drivers including revenue, costs, FTE’s, asset and liability growth, ROTE and PACC
- Business partnering and presenting analytical performance to stakeholders
- Capital analysis
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA / CPA, or CFA qualification
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline
- SQL, Alteryx and Tableau (BI/MI tools) experience an advantage
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Financial Control experience
- High degree of problem solving and analytical ability with a close attention to detail
- Self-motivated with an ability to work to deadlines and without supervision
- Preferable experience in the Financial Services industry
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 29/12/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.