Turnaround & Restructuring Strategy, Manager/Senior Manager
Our strategy and Transactions (SaT) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within SaT include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax, and Valuation and Business Modelling.
Our global network of Restructuring Services professionals helps clients develop financial and operational strategies to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return. Join this team and you will help clients evaluate capital options, capture greater transaction value and achieve strategic objectives – whether they are buying or selling a distressed asset, restructuring a business or dealing with under performance, or looking to improve cash management.
As an EY transaction professional, you will help clients make better and more informed decisions about how they strategically manage capital and transactions in a changing world. That means advising businesses on how they preserve, optimize, raise and invest their capital to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
The Restructuring Manager/Senior Manager is expected to manage projects and staff while leveraging analytical skills that will enable our clients to develop financial and operational strategies to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return. As a Manager in RAS you are expected to contribute to the team with your technical and analytical skills and knowledge of restructuring services.
Your key responsibilities
As a Restructuring Manager/Senior Manager, you'll manage the restructuring engagement by defining the engagement scope, in consultation with the Senior Manager / Partner, and executing it in compliance with our policies and protocols. When required, you'll personally execute designated restructuring procedures and lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement. You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and make sure that delivered client work is of high quality. As part of this, you'll anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Skills and attributes for success
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate failure or under performance
- Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of sensitivity
- Able to independently pitch for debt restructuring jobs
- Able to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions
- Experienced in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients
- Appreciation of the risks inherent in advising distressed businesses and their stakeholders
- Experience of leading independent business reviews and formal corporate insolvencies
- Support the leadership team in business development activities including the development of proposals and presentations
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 6-8 years of related work experience
- Deep experience in debt restructuring advisory work (not insolvency)
- Aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Transactions/auditing experience
- Track record of strong performance in restructuring/advisory work either on behalf of creditors or distressed companies.
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning:You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you:We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership:We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.