Tax Assistant - OMB
Tax Services, Tax Advisory, Tax Compliance, Tax Practitioner, Tax Advisor, Private Client Tax, Corporate Tax, Personal Tax, Mixed Tax
Birmingham, West Midlands
Competitive Salary + Study Support + Benefits
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you're in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success".
Azets is an award winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK and the Nordics. We are a family of over 6,500 employees and work across 100 offices in the UK alone. We have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK, and we are over the moon to have been awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees is what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can not only collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We're looking for someone who wants to join a family of like-minded individuals and be more than just a team member.
As part of your role as a Tax Assistant you will help with the preparation of Tax Returns both Corporate and Personal as required for some of the largest clients in the region. As well as providing tax administration, you will also be communicating with HMRC and really gaining a full insight into the world of taxation. You will also support your senior colleagues in tax advisory projects for both corporate and personal clients. This will involve working towards reorganisations,
In terms of qualifications, we want to ensure we are offering the best service to our customers and the same goes for our people. As an Associate we will enrol you on the tax qualification ATT. We will provide you full study support including paid study leave, mentorship and coaching as we support you all the way on your journey to becoming a qualified tax specialist in the future.
"You will be joining a forward-thinking, progressive office with a supportive and friendly atmosphere. The role provides an exciting opportunity for a talented assistant to become involved in a diverse and interesting client portfolio. Excellent on-the-job training and mentorship will be provided, together with the opportunity to advance your career within a dynamic business." "What's in it for you?
- 23 days annual leave + bank holidays - Time for you to focus on your family and what's important to you. Where will your precious time take you?
- Birthday Day off- Have a day off on your birthday on us!
- Lead Incentive Scheme (Up to Director level) –We offer generous financial rewards for helping Azets to grow our new client portfolio.
- Enhanced Parental + Family leave - We want Azets to be a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 3 months, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility) and our Adoption Leave policy follows the same arrangements.
- Flexible Hours & Working - Azets understand that as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy.
- Life Assurance - 4 times salary. Our family is important to us, and so is yours.
- Employee Referral Bonus - We're always looking for talented individuals to join our family.
- Employee Benefits Portal - Cashback and vouchers on everyday purchases.
- Pension - Looking after your future self when it's time to step back and relax.
- Career Coaching - Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteering Incentives - We believe it's importantabout helping those who need help.
- Employee assistance program - For you and your family.
- Dress for your day
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities- We want to help you in your personal goals and aspirations so we can grow together.
- Opportunity to attend social events - Time to stop, pause and have fun.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We're looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business, we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open-minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead. Does this sound like you?Why join the Azets family?
The relationship that we have with our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both our and your success.
We offer training and development opportunities to all employees and nurture talent from all backgrounds. This helps us to grow our own and bring out the very best in people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.