Financial Services - Performance Improvement Manager, SDC
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are the only professional services organization who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. You'll be working in the Financial Services Office (FSO) with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective.
This position is responsible managing service delivery for Finance engagements in our Service Delivery Center which is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced professionals to deliver projects to our financial services clients.
Your key responsibilities
- The Manager position will support FSO Finance engagements in our Service Delivery Center and be responsible for preparing client specific deliverables., The Manager position is also responsible for:
- Managing teams by providing effective feedback, information, and insights to ensure projects meet production goals within quality guidelines and other service level agreements
- Fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented environment while counselling and mentoring others
- Quality review of various services performed by Senior Analysts, Associate Analysts and Analysts including but not limited to status reports, process documentation, data mapping documents, spreadsheets and detailed presentations.
- Analyzing and preparing documents describing client current and/or future state finance related processes (e.g., budgets, forecasts, reporting, etc.), data, systems, methodologies, procedures, governance and controls and creating deliverables describing each.
- During certain projects, analyze business requirements, develop data models and create financial planning dashboards to facilitate the development of requirements and configuration of technology solutions to address client requirements
- Monitor progress, manage risks and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Creation of status tracking documents, timelines, project plans and other client-ready materials.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Building and leading highly effective, business and technically focused teams
- Provides clear, timely and constructive feedback and recognition to team members to help improve specific skills and behaviors
- Actively promotes an inclusive work environment
- Experience developing, tracking, and updating complex, multi-disciplinary project plans.
- Corporate Finance business processes (budgeting, forecasting, planning, and reporting) and analytical methods used to develop a forecast and track progress against a business forecast.
- Familiarity with financial systems commonly used to enable Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) (Anaplan, Oracle, Onstream, etc.)
- Working in Finance Subledger systems and General Ledgers
- Experience mapping, documenting, and analyzing finance business processes
- Experience sourcing, analyzing and documenting data for management reporting needs
- Data analytics experience in excel (complex formulas, lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Developing materials for client discussions in PowerPoint
- Mapping data between multiple systems and tracing data lineage
- Intermediate knowledge of finance functions and accounting principles
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrates understanding of client's business environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- Education: A bachelor's degree in General Business, Finance, Accounting, Liberal Arts or related fields
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience in a related industry/consulting field. Experience supervising team.
- Travel is estimated at up to 30%
What we look for
We're interested in self-motivated individuals who can easily function in a high-demand, performance-driven environment. In addition,we're looking for people who recognize the accomplishments of the team before the individual and are sought after as people developers. If you're passionate about problem-solving and helping our clients with some of their most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.normal