Accountant, Fund Accounting UVRS
The Unitized Valuation and Reporting Services (UVRS) division determines Net Asset Values (NAV) for Defined Contribution plans such as 401(k) plans and Defined Benefit plans on a daily basis. The group falls under Global Fund Accounting Practice and serves large corporate relationships with portfolios containing equities, mutual funds, derivatives and fixed income securities. In addition the group delivers on an Annual Statements for the clients and auditors.
The role will including resolving reconciliations items, completing reasonability audits on trades and pricing, and completing a daily NAVs that are delivered to 3rd party recordkeepers for senior level relationship. In addition, the candidate will complete monthly and annual reporting for the clients and assist junior level associates.
This is a second level position in department with great career path opportunities within Northern Trust which lead candidate to technical or management career path. Candidate should be willing to learn and adapt to change, have the ability to work in a team environment, and have a basic conceptual understanding of the financial markets. Analytical skills and Organizational skills are required to research and resolve inquiries. Attention to detail and multiple tasking skills are required to value the funds in a timely and accurate manner. Ability to work in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy for the clients.
Work as part of a team to meet client deadlines and expectations by auditing and providing the daily Net Asset Value, monthly and annual client portfolio reporting, and annual 5500s reporting.
- Determine Net Asset Value (NAVs) for defined contribution or defined benefit plans on a daily basis.
- Evaluate and reconcile funds including mutual, benchmark, commingled, and collective for production of client month-end reports for daily valuation.
- Analyze the impact of transactions, income positions, accruals, and corporate actions on the portfolio investment options.
- Audit and resolve exceptions on assigned accounts according to procedures and within scheduled timeframes.
- Assist in the timely preparation of portfolio statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and performance standards.
- Record and respond to partner and client inquiries resolving exceptions related to accounts.
- Serve as a resource to clients, partners, and members of the team for clarity, understanding, and information regarding your relationships.
- Utilize knowledge of client needs and business operations to assist with special requests of clients or other partner areas.
- Assist in training and/or mentoring the newer associates
- Play a role in plan changes or transitions for assigned clients.
- Ability to be part of division wide initiatives
Microsoft 365 application including Excel, Powerbi and/or knowledge of FIS Accounting platforms a plus
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday: 10:30CT -7PMCT with slight changes depending on time-zone.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.