Financial Reporting Accountant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Responsible for the financial statements of entities administered by Northern Trust in a timely, efficient and accurate manner adhering to the highest standards; to be involved in the review process for financial statements of entities prepared by other members of the team; ensure good communication with all parties involved in the process
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Designing Proforma accounts on Excel/Word, ensuring that layout, content & disclosures are in accordance with the Principal Documents of the fund ,legal, GAAP (UK, IFRS, US) and other requirements
- Agreeing the Proforma with the client and other interested parties incorporating their comment
- Planning and co-ordinating the dividend exercise with clients and other departments.
- Preparation of “available income schedules”
- Preparing dividend input forms
- Notifying interested parties that a dividend has been declared
- Liaising with other departments regarding the closing down of the accounting periods.
- Checking ledger integrity.
- Compiling the accounts using Excel/Word workbooks.
- Preparing a standard accounts file.
- Completing appropriate checklists.
- Co-ordinating the audits and assisting with audit queries.
- Liaising with printers.
- Preparing accounts for Manager review
- Processing review points.
- Sending accounts for inclusion in board packs
- Submitting GFSC and Stock Exchange notifications and announcements.
- Liaison with other departments in collating information for US tax returns
- Preparation and submission of Guernsey tax returns.
- Review accounts produced by fellow staff members, to ensure company standards are followed and layout, content & disclosures are in accordance with the Principal Documents of the fund ,legal, GAAP (UK, IFRS, US) and other requirements (fund SORPs).
- Assisting staff members to fully complete the accounts preparation process, assist with clearing audit or client queries.
- Understands key compliance issues.
- Develop, train and motivate your team to achieve business objectives
- Lead by example and promote teamwork.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Accounting standards (IFRS / UK GAAP)
- Knowledge of Company Law
- Preparing accounts
- Funds/financial services
- Good IT skills – Excel to Intermediate level
- Accurate with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Time Management and organisational skills
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA or ACA)
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.