Accounting, Insight and Advisory Supervisor
Overall job purpose
You will be a key member of the accounting and business advisory team based in Bristol. As a supervisor you will be responsible for working on a broad range of accounting and business advisory assignments. Other projects and assignments will arise depending on client needs. A supervisor is expected to complete technically challenging work and supervise junior staff on less complex assignments.
Due to the nature of this work a strong understanding of UK GAAP and accounting principles is essential. Experience in working with IFRS, the Charities SORP, and other accounting standards are desirable.
- Supervision of junior team members in the preparation of financial statements that are compliant with UK GAAP and relevant accounting standards.
- Leading on more complex accountancy related projects for clients as they arise.
- To ensure that assignments are undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out the more rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To act as a focal point of contact with the clients. To communicate any problems or any contentious issues identified, to the assignment manager and/or partner immediately. To identify and form suggested solutions.
- To practise the principles of excellent client service at all times. The position will involve significant client contact.
- To liaise with other departments within the office, especially the audit and corporate tax teams. To ensure that agreed deadlines are met, significant issues are resolved and the final adjustments are processed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Utilising Excel/Word and CCH AP 2 to produce working papers and financial statements.
- Dealing with cost management, billing and other administrative issues relating to the portfolio.
- To act as a coach to more junior members of the team and to participate in staff training and supervision as required. This role has the opportunity for line management of junior staff depending on experience.
- Willingness to travel to clients premises in the region as required. A significant proportion of work is office based.
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- ACA Qualified or equivalent.
- UK GAAP and financial reporting experience.
- Experience of working in a professional practice.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Experience of client liaison.
- Experience of supervision of junior staff.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, with high competency with both Excel and Word.
- IFRS and/or charities experience.
- Working within or alongside an audit team.
- Sage or experience with other accounting packages.
- CCH or similar professional accounts preparation packages.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.