Compliance Manager, State Street Global Advisors, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The Compliance Manager will provide Compliance advisory support as the second line of defense to the local office of State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) in Hong Kong. The individual will be reporting to the Head of Compliance and be responsible for supporting the local Compliance function which includes providing Compliance advice to local management, assessment of applicable Compliance risks, monitor the regulatory developments, liaison with local regulators as well as provide an independent viewpoint on Compliance Risk and escalate material matters.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Compliance Manager you will
- Support the global regulatory change management process to determine the applicability of new rules and regulations and perform regulatory impact analysis
- Act as a subject matter expert in regulatory governance, providing insight on industry best practice and benchmarking
- Participate in new business or financial product launch, provide Compliance advice on different new business initiatives/products
- Assist to educate junior Compliance members and business personnel on applicable Compliance-related rules and regulations, including Securities and Futures Ordinance in Hong Kong, QFII and RQFII related regulations in China, Financial Investment Services and Capital Markets Act in South Korea, and other regulatory requirements for investment advisers, mutual funds, exchange traded funds, and other financial products
- Advise business personnel on the effectiveness of the design and implementation of business controls in different business lines
- Escalate Compliance issues or concerns to the attention of superiors and/or senior management
- Review marketing materials and provide Compliance advice on cross-border selling actives and refine the marketing material review process on a risk-based approach
- Assist to manage key Compliance projects from the initiation and planning stages through execution and completion
- Interact with regulatory agencies and internal/external legal staff on regulatory exams and inquiries
- Support the continuous enhancement of SSGA’s Compliance oversight programs
- Work with Compliance Risk Management key stakeholders to define, prioritize and achieve strategic objectives while ensuring projects delivered meet approved requirements
- Assist to prepare and present for annual and periodic Compliance reports/reviews to satisfy client, regulator, and internal management requirements, where applicable
- Prepare regulatory filings in collaboration with subject matter experts and ensure timely submission to the relevant regulators
- Implement and administer Compliance policies and procedures
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Strong abilities in analytical thinking, problem solving, research, and time management
- Capable of producing high quality and/or final work product and solutions under strict regulatory or management deadlines
- Strong communication skills with ability to effectively collaborate with individuals across different functions
- Good working attitude by taking ownership and initiative to streamline work process within a demanding and international environment of a leading global financial institution
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree preferably in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Law or a related field
- At least 5-8 years of experience in Compliance or Legal functions of an asset management company, or from the SFC or an equivalent regulator
- Demonstration of knowledge in SFC requirements related to registered collective investment schemes
- Working knowledge of jurisdictions in other Asia ex-Japan regions
- Good knowledge of industry best Compliance/regulatory practice, together with relevant fund management, dealing and distribution practices and procedures
- Strong English and Chinese language skills, including Putonghua
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.