Tax Services Analyst - GCR - EDGE - NTD - Global Payroll Operate Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: NEW YORK, HOBOKEN, BOSTON, PHILADELPHIA, ATLANTA, CHICAGO, MINNEAPOLIS, DALLAS, HOUSTON, SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES
Tax Services Analyst – National Tax – EDGE – Global Compliance & Reporting – Global Payroll Operate
Ernst & Young LLP’s National Tax and EY EDGE practices are made up of teams of professionals providing specific tax technical services to US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes the EY organization in the marketplace.
Our Global Payroll Operate practice focuses on helping our clients effectively manage their global payroll needs proactively and responsibly in 150+ countries. Our quality service and technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their payroll functions. We believe that by managing clients’ payroll obligations, we can make a critical difference, and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
Our market-leading approach combines extensive local payroll service experience with a standard global payroll compliance and implementation methodology. With engagements involving a few countries or many, you will have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the payroll function across the entire process
Your key responsibilities
A Staff in Payroll Operate will participate in all activities within Payroll Operate that include sales and service opportunities under the direction of a senior manager, manager or senior in the group.
- Provide timely and high-quality payroll processing, project management, governance and service management services and work products that exceed client expectations, including daily contact with EY global payroll teams to verify that payroll services are delivered on time and accurately
- Respond to payroll and governance payroll queries from clients and internal global stakeholders
- Develop client payroll calendar detailing all payroll delivery activities and dates; support the collection of client data and work with global EY teams to confirm receipt
- Audit correctness and work with country teams to correct
- Manage the creation and updates of payroll processes/procedure documentation for all clients and audit annually
- Provide training on global tools and processes and individual client requirements to global country payroll teams
Skills and attributes for success:
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills; problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and client service skills
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant post-graduate qualification, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, business or finance
- Three or more years of relevant payroll and/or tax experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
- Understanding of payroll or other related finance activities
- Excellent organizational, project management, technology, Microsoft tools and verbal/written communication skills with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills, detail oriented approach and organizational skills
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Certified payroll professional (CPP) or progress toward this certification
- Project management professional (PMP) is helpful
- Second language is beneficial
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with the drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You’ll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. You’ll also have the opportunity to achieve your potential by being given professional development opportunities and experiences with clients across geographies. If you’re keen to play a pivotal role within a highly focused global payroll operate team, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- The salary range for this position in Stamford is: $57,200 - $91,600
- The salary range for this position in Hartford, Las Vegas and Denver is: $47,700 - $76,300
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.