Financial Accounting Analyst
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- Professional development, internal and external trainings (opportunity for ACCA and CIMA)
- A competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional development based on your career interest
- Inclusive and welcoming environment
- Coordinate with global controllers and supporting teams to ensure correct book-keeping of firm-wide space & occupancy expenses and underlying lease accounting (ASC842, IFRS16)
- Complete active cost pool review and controlling of space & occupancy costs during month-end close
- Prepare Balance sheet and expense account reconciliations for internal audit purposes
- Prepare monthly reporting: prepare global support service divisional reporting packs with commentary on a monthly basis, and specific consolidated allocation reports
- Prepare yearly IFRS disclosure for leases in case of standalone entities
- Liable for preparation of Month on Month and Year on Year analysis and commentary for firm-wide space & occupancy allocations
- Carry out tasks related to the job in accordance with the instructions of the superior (ad hoc report)
- Completed Bachelor's/Master's degree in Economics, Finance or Business related discipline
- 0 - 2 years of relevant experience in Finance and Accounting
- Solid knowledge of finance or accounting concepts
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail
- Good communication skills, fluency in English
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing environment quickly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage various deadlines and downstream dependencies
Team Profile: Global Corporate Controllers are responsible for Morgan Stanley?s financial records, ensuring that the assets and liabilities of Morgan Stanley are properly controlled, and providing accurate and timely financial information both to senior management and externally to statutory and regulatory bodies. The Budapest team is a vital part of the global operations, representing more than 80% of the team globally.
About us: Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place to learn, grow and achieve. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects who you are as a person.
Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximize collaboration.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.