Internal Audit Manager
Support the Head of Internal Audit in the development and completion of the programme of Internal Audit work and to provide assurance around sufficiency and effectiveness of internal controls, and risk management procedures within the business.
The business are a well known organisation with offices in Manchester and Leeds
The Internal Audit Manager's responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Manage and develop audit assignments ensuring department's goals are achieved, whilst maintaining independence, objectivity, and exercising appropriate challenge.
- Plan and conduct risk based internal audit and business assurance reviews, along with supporting assurance activities relating to major business projects, in accordance with the agreed plans.
- Perform investigation into compliance/legislation/policy related breaches, as required by the business.
- Ability to create audit reports to a professional standard, using concise language in communicating results to the business.
- Ensure all reports following work completed have sufficient clarity and quality to elicit appropriate management responses and agreed action plans within given timescales
- Oversee the remediation management programme by tracking completion of management actions within agreed timescales.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit and Risk and Compliance Manager in ensuring the corporate risk register is kept up to date.
The successful Internal Audit Manager should have;
- Recognised Internal Audit or Accountancy qualification.
- Demonstrable experience within a professional internal audit department.
- Education at degree level.
- Aptitude for operating and interrogating finance and non-finance processes.
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing.
- Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and present concisely (both verbally and written).
- Attention to detail, organised with a commitment to quality.
- Drive, resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility and opportunities as part of commitment to personal development.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to manage interruptions, changing priorities and perform tasks in a high-pressure environment
- High level of communication, conflict management and relationship management skills.
The successful Internal Audit Manager will receive;
- Competitive salary of up to £47,500
- Exceptional benefits package,
- Great progression,
- Supportive team