EY Parthenon - Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy - Value Creation - Director -Multiple Locations
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston, Detroit, Atlanta, Boston, Hoboken
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Director within EY-Parthenon you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. The EY-Parthenon sub-service line comprises three competencies: Strategy; Transaction Strategy and Execution; and Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy. In Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy, our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global team of restructuring specialists who deliver high quality advice to our clients.
EY’s Turnaround & Restructuring Strategy- Value Creation team helps PE firms, their portfolio companies, and corporate companies realize better returns by unlocking value and accelerating time to money through targeted operational improvements. We rapidly define, quantify and help realize significant incremental and sustainable value through revenue enhancement, cost and margin improvement and working capital reduction.
Your key responsibilities
As a director in Value Creation you will be a vital member of the team managing and executing operational focused projects. You will work on projects that span the entire lifecycle of a transaction, including operational due diligence where we focus on EBITDA upside and operational risk; buy side carve out and integration planning to ensure a newly spun out business can stand alone and a merger quickly realize and grow anticipated synergies; post acquisition 100 day and value creation planning; ongoing performance improvement; and exit readiness planning to inform an optimal strategy for maximizing returns and ensuring the buyer is well positioned to continue to enhance value.Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management - be part of project teams comprising colleagues from across the strategy and Transactions sub service lines.
- Business and Commercially Driven - working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients.
- Business Development - assist in aspects of pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- Learning - Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences.
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or related field and 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately3years of related work experience.
- MBA is preferred.
- Significant management consulting experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
- Experience in operational due diligence, operational restructuring, and performance improvement.
- Experience in business integrations, divestitures, and/or carve-outs with a demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Deep understanding of financial statements and operational performance metrics.
- Experience leading and managing incomplex business environments.
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% on short notice.
Ideally, you'll also have
- A proven record of excellence in a mergers or acquisitions transactions role.
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry.
What we look for
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.