Strategy and Transactions- EY Parthenon- Strategy- Life Sciences- Consultant - New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Consultant within EY-Parthenon you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. The EY-Parthenon sub-service line comprises three competencies: Strategy; Transaction Strategy and Execution; and Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy. EY-Parthenon Strategy is a leading advisory organization focused on strategy consulting. We are committed to combining our unconventional thinking with our clients’ smarts to deliver actionable strategies.
In today’s complex business landscape, creativity has become a necessary ingredient for sustained success. EY-Parthenon Strategy has an ideal balance of strengths – deep and concentrated skills with broad executional capabilities, intimate client relationships with larger networks of support, and proven processes along with a progressive spirit to unlock opportunity for our clients, amplify the impact of our strategies, and make EY-Parthenon Strategy the global advisor of choice for business leaders. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
Consultants participate as valued members of case teams helping clients address their most pressing strategic challenges. Consultants identify information sources, assemble data, perform analyses, structure arguments and develop presentations. Training is given in key business concepts and analytical methods immediately upon joining the firm and throughout their EY-Parthenon career. Consultants are able to gain responsibility quickly, often serving as primary contacts for clients and managing junior case team members.
Skills and attributes for success
- Perform secondary research using a variety of sources (e.g., analyst reports, market research reports, news articles).
- Executing various analyses (e.g., customer segmentation, market sizing, competitor analysis, macroeconomic forecasting) to support the strategic recommendations.
- Designing and executing in-depth interview guides with key organizational stakeholders, industry experts and customers.
- Analyzing business plans and pro-forma financial models to help identify key assumptions and drivers.
- Maintaining relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels and other internal teams on the engagement.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Outstanding academic performance, with a bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 18 months of related work experience.
- Experience in strategy consulting, private equity, investment banking, market research, or similar role performing leveraging quantitative research for life sciences industry clients.
- Ability to conduct detailed analysis on products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities across the life sciences industry, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, medical devices, and other related technologies (e.g., genomic sequencing) and services.
- Commitment to staying at the cutting edge of knowledge in the life sciences industry.
- Proficient in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in a professional environment.
- Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary (approximately 25-50%
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who have a strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients’ goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.