Business Continuity Analyst
Role: Business Continuity Analyst
Purpose of role: Reporting to the Primark Business Continuity Manager, the business continuity analyst will assist in maintaining and improving the business continuity program to improve resiliency and protect Primark’s brand and reputation. The analyst is part of a team, the purpose of which is to work at a strategic level, focused on partnering with key stakeholders to design and test Business Continuity Plans. This role requires a significant understanding of business continuity planning methodologies and support of critical business operations.
Reports to: Business Continuity Manager
Location: Arthur Ryan House, Dublin, Republic of Ireland.
- Coordinates, monitors, and ensures implementation of crisis management and business continuity plans with Business Continuity Plan Owners, Champions and Coordinators providing response, recovery, and tactical plans to resume business operations following a business interruption or disaster.
- Analyses company-wide initiatives and contingency plans to ensure the stability of critical business functions, processes & systems within a specific timeframe and to minimise loss and financial risk.
- Develop schedules and materials for Business Continuity training/awareness activities to ensure that business continuity teams are trained and proficient in implementing the business continuity plans.
- Works with line management and Business Continuity Manager to design and test Business Continuity Plans (BCP)
- Coordinate business recovery simulation exercises (Walk-throughs, Tabletops, Remote, etc).
- Administer and manage content on the Business Continuity SharePoint and Intranet sites
- Manage emergency communications with employees, Administer emergency communications tools such as Everbridge, WhatsApp
- Support the Global, National & Functional Crisis Management Teams to include, scheduling conference calls, supporting emergency communications, preparing and distributing status updates, guiding decision-making, ensuring execution of action items, and creating post-incident reports
- Support business continuity related initiatives, to include site selection, strategy development, in-house training.
- Support the on-call monitoring of global events.
- Other activities as and when required.
Essential knowledge, skills and capabilities:
- A critical thinker who asks the right questions and is strong in the ‘what if’
- Ability to build relationships across stakeholders, be commercially aware and numerically savvy
- Storytelling and communication skills and comfortable working cross-functionally throughout the business
- Commercial instinct with the ability to quickly understand the implications of a situation on our commercial performance, incorporate this into an analysis and communicate it effectively
- Action orientated and solutions focused, with a passion and drive to grow the business
- Emotional intelligence to effectively communicate the impact of specific business issues, overcome challenges and formulate growth scenarios
- Ability to collect, process & perform data analyses using several BI tools with strong skills in data interrogation across a variety of business data
- Effective planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
- Ability to identify risks & opportunities with the confidence to present solutions in a methodical manner
- Ability to work in an agile environment with ad-hoc, project-based activities
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Educated to a bachelor’s degree level+
- Knowledge or experience in business continuity planning - commensurate with 3-5 years of experience
- Experience working in a large organisation with multi-currency and multi-national exposure is preferable
- Formal Project Management qualification (PMP/PRINCE 2 Practitioner)
- Very strong analytical skills and the ability to produce relevant, coherent, succinct information analysis for all levels of management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, etc.).
- Very strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Must be able to interact and work efficiently and effectively with employees across the organisation
- Strong administrative skills, including effectiveness in developing project plans to achieve target dates
- Demonstrate initiative with strong work ethic
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and pro-actively
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.