Finance Transformation Insurance Manager
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Manager to lead Business Consulting Finance (BC-F) client workstreams at insurance clients, and to support business development activities across our Finance Risk and Actuarial Transformation (FRAC) practice for on strategic and priority accounts.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead project workstreams assisting finance organizations at insurance clients (property and casualty, life, reinsurance).
- Deliver high quality client solutions that meet and exceed client and EY expectations and are delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Drive day-to-day client solution delivery, including assisting with defining project approach, leading and motivating project teams, monitoring and managing project risks, , and successfully delivering client solutions.
- Support the pursuit of new business opportunities, including building strong client relations, understanding client needs and EY solution offerings, communicating client opportunities to EY leadership, and helping develop client opportunities.
- Demonstrate deep functional capabilities and professional knowledge, and stay current with insurance industry and regulatory leading practices.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in insurance industry
- Minimum of 2 years of consulting experience
- Other beneficial experience includes financial planning & analysis, management reporting, regulatory reporting, and/or related technology implementations.
- Experience implementing financial tools and technology (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Anaplan, etc)
- Work experience with the following type of insurers: property and casualty, life, and reinsurance
- Reporting experience with any of the following: GAAP, Statutory (e.g. yellow books, green books, blue books), IFRS, Long duration targeted improvements (LDTI)
- Business Process Redesign and assessment of key finance processes (close, FP&A, etc.)
- Future state redesign
- Target Operating Model design
- Allocation (activity based costing) experience a plus
- Consulting experience, including assessments and implementations
- Experience leading junior resources in finance management workstream efforts
- Documenting requirements and processes (e.g., process flows)
- Working collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel 50% or more
- B.A. / B.S. degree required.
Ideally, you'll also have
- MBA and/or professional certification (e.g. CPA, CFA) preferred.
- Insurance industry licenses a plus.
What we look for
- We are looking for the next generation of outstanding leaders to continue our legacy. Our top performers in the past have demonstrated deep knowledge of the financial services marketplace, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to adapt and collaborate in changing circumstances. If you are someone who has an appetite to stay abreast of current business and industry trends, develop in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge and demonstrate the ability to assimilate new knowledge, then this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- The salary range for this position in Denver Colorado & Hartford CT is minimum $104,000and maximum is $206,500.
- The salary range for this position in Stamford CT and Greenwich CT is minimum $114,400 and maximum is $227,200.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.