Finance Business Advisor - Senior Associate
In line with a Global Finance Transformation, our Markets Finance function is launching new roles in parallel with the deployment of Mercury, a global SAP implementation, one of which is the Mercury (Finance) Business Advisor (MBA). The Mercury Business Advisor is a member of a high performing and mixed rank team led by the Lead Mercury Business Advisor.
The Mercury Business Advisor is a finance professional with end-to-end system, process and policy knowledge who provides the right advice as it is needed and partners with other functions to address the issues facing the business as we transform how we operate.
It is a challenging role that helps us to deliver profitable growth and offers career development opportunities within EY. Furthermore, you will act as an ambassador for the finance function, embodying the EY culture and reputation.
What we look for
You will be an experienced business partner with a passion for providing exceptional client service to your stakeholders whilst maintaining high levels of customer service for internal stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide first line on demand support including analysing, diagnosing and resolving stakeholder queries to develop a strong culture of financial awareness and accountability
- Provide guidance on local policy and leading practices
- Advise and support our client serving engagement teams to make best use of Mercury and its processes in order to effectively manage their projects with EY’s external clients
- Providing on-demand financial advisory support to engagement teams reaching out through a variety of technological conduits (online chat, phone line or by logging a ticket) and impactful proactive outreach to engagement teams that have been identified as needing intervention through financial metrics exception reporting
- Ensure high standards of financial management and expertise across all client engagements within your portfolio whilst serving as a Trusted Business Advisor
- Facilitate training for client serving team on Mercury (SAP) and effective financial management practices
- Contribute to continuous improvement by sharing knowledge and providing support to other team members across borders, service lines, and industries and constantly leverage leading practices
Skills and attributes for success
- Professional approach with a strong understanding of the client server perspective and able to view issues empathetically
- Ability to solve problems and provide a credible solution
- Confident to challenge where appropriate
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Vigorous time management skills and able to balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance and level of urgency
- Eagerness to learn quickly, be proactive and share knowledge
- Well-developed listening skills to provide focused advice, combined with the capability to apply judgment and seek guidance when escalation to a functional expert is appropriate
- Excellent written, oral and virtual communication skills with the confidence to assist with delivering presentations, training material and knowledge sharing
- Assurance to deliver challenging messages and drive communication to a mutual understanding in a professional manner
To qualify for the role you must have
- A finance / business related degree
- Minimum two years’ experience in a client driven professional environment in a financial/business capacity
- Used to working in a fast paced environment with a strong work ethic
- Ability to interact well with people at all levels within the firm and build strong relationships
- Strong IT skills –Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, SAP an advantage
- Desire to thrive in and adapt to a fast changing and high activity environment
- Have the ability to think on your feet, use initiative and judgement to make informed decisions
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.