Manager - Global Billing Function
State Street has established a Global Billing Function under Controllership, which is responsible for client billing set up and invoicing across all business lines and geographies globally at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities globally, and also includes centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in Poland, India and China. Billing Organization owns aspects of business-as-usual activities within billing areas and also drives process improvements and automation.
Basic Purpose of Job:
- The Invoice Review Lead will be responsible for all aspects of the invoice billing process including invoice raising, OOPS (Out of Pocket Expenses) invoicing, and invoice review across State Street global businesses spread across countries & regions.
- The Invoice Review Lead will manage a large team with a complex engagement model on a day-to-day basis. The individual will be directly responsible for daily management of accurate, consistent, and timely invoice deliverables. This individual will provide subject matter expertise in invoice preparation and review including receivables analytics. The Invoice Review Lead will also be responsible for managing State Street Global Advisors’ invoice production and review.
- In addition to Business As Usual (BAU) responsibilities as described above, this role will also be involved in process re-engineering, standardization, and automation efforts.
Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
- General responsibility for all operational invoicing activities
- End-to-end responsibility for a major group of the billing process: Invoice preparation and review
- Oversee and manage the invoice review team to achieve global consistency and effectiveness in controls; accurate, quality work; and transparency into activities and results. Maintain a robust control environment: process controls, process oversight and process governance responsibility
- Develop the team to adopt “owner’s mind set”, work independently, and effectively manage timelines
- Manage resources to assist with ad-hoc invoice projects
- Measure progress toward goals; and evaluate productivity and team efficiency. Review and assess regularly with team members and with management
- May serve as a subject matter expert on particular invoice related issues
- Coaches the team and gathers feedback for performance appraisals
- Assist with the process Re-Engineering, Standardization, and Automation efforts for invoicing
- Responsible for ongoing process improvements
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Finance, CPA Qualified with an experience minimum of 10 to 12 years working with invoices in a global billing function at a large financial services institution.
- Knowledge of various services and industry trends of billing methods for those services like Custody services, Sub custodian, trust services and out pocket expense billing, asset management etc.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong control environment (risk excellence, experience with SOX, RCSA controls, etc.), establishing policies, procedures and strong internal controls.
- Demonstrated leadership in improving/building-out the invoice function for multiple geographies and business areas
- Experience assisting with re-engineering processes and driving similar centralization of the end-to-end activities for the major financial institutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advance levels of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Knowledge of billing systems
- Conceptual understanding of company-wide financial architecture (GL, sub-GL technology, specialized tools) applicable to the above process groups of processes
- First level management expertise required
- Independent decision-making capabilities, demonstrated thought leadership
- Pride of ownership with the ability to deliver high quality results timely
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Strong analytical and ability to analyze and summarize complex financial transactions
- Strong attention to details
- Problem solving skill
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.