National_Finance & Compliance Executive | Marks & Spencer
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea,. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
Assist P&C Manager within the M&S Division in ensuring that all operational, inventorial, and financial controls are adequately & uniformly formalized and implemented for the respective business units across all geographies to mitigate risk of loss, safeguard assets and improve operational efficiency.
Key Role Specific Accountabilities
Compliance & Processes
- Assist P&C Manager in all compliance & process matters
- Review controls and implement standardised compliance systems
- Implement improvements in existing processes to improve operational efficiency
- Review performance on Key operational areas relating to Store Operations and Inventory Control.
- Create SOPs as required
- Train stakeholders on Processes and Procedures (SOPs)
- Co-ordinate Open PO list with functions to ensure they are closed in a timely manner
- Plan, schedule and facilitate Physical Inventory Counts in co-ordination with Operations & Logistics teams for both stores and warehouses.
- Summarizing / analysing shrinkage data, providing the final shrinkage for Financial posting and preparing IAN as per DOA for final approvals.
- Attending Inventory counts on sample basis to check adherence to Al Futtaim Standard procedures
- Implement control mechanisms based on Count results.
VAT & Excise Duty
- Support in Excise Duty submissions
- Assist in roll out of VAT and Excise any new countries
Special Projects and Store Opening / Closing
- Support P&C Manager in implementation of new Retail & Brand initiatives
- Attend UAT for IT implementations such as new functionalities on ERP systems, inventory modules, etc.
- Tracking and coordinating all reports with respective teams for timely submission and implementation across the business.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- College / University Degree.
- 3-5 years of retail operations experience on a supervisory level.
- Analytical, Time Management, Communication, Leadership, Teamwork, Managing Processes, Reporting Skills.
- Advanced EXCEL & MS office, good knowledge of SAP or another ERP’s.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.