Mumbai, Portfolio Analytics - Associate/ Sr.Associate
Job Function: Portfolio Analytics team
Department: Morgan Stanley Fund Services
Designation: Associate/ Senior Associate
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley, provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. With over $600+ billion in Assets under Administration, the division employs over 1,200 professionals globally, with offices in New York, Dublin, London, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Glasgow and Bangalore.
The Portfolio Analytics group within Morgan Stanley Fund Services focuses on helping clients analyze, understand and report Investment risk and performance of client’s portfolios, provide portfolio transparency reporting, derivatives valuation and other portfolio analytics needs of Morgan Stanley’s global hedge fund clientele. We leverage the group’s proprietary web based applications and work closely with hedge fund clients and other teams within the division. The Portfolio Analytics group currently seeks a person who is interested in applying his/her skills in the business area concerning analysis and analytical tools.
- The candidate is expected to perform risk and return attribution for portfolio of the firm’s hedge fund clients
- The candidate is expected to prepare custom client reports that involve risk and performance calculation
- The candidate is expected to help out in building automation to scale bespoke solutions for the clients
- The candidate is expected to contribute towards building new analytics tools and offerings suggest enhancements in the existing processes and offerings
- Strong understanding of equities, fixed income and derivatives products
- Hands-on experience with Excel-VBA, familiarity with R will be an added advantage
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving ability
- Proficiency in verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to take ownership of assigned task and drive it independently
- Attention to detail and must constantly look for ways to improve operational efficiency
- MBA/BE/BTech with at least 2 years of experience
- CFA and FRM preferred
The role requires working in shift from 1 pm - 10 pm or 12 pm – 9 pm as the case may be.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.