Head of AWD Team - AVP
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
The Head of AWD Team will work with the Global AWD Product Manager to align cross-border product strategies for the AWD application and it's surround technologies. The Head of AWD Team will be responsible for the delivery of the AWD change portfolio (under strategic, client, regulatory and TIM programme's), working with a global team of project managers, developers, analysts, testers and business users. The Head of AWD Team will have specific responsibility of the management, control and utilisation of the Poland AWD team as well as direct reports in Ireland.
What you will be responsible for
As the Head of AWD Team you will be:
- Delivery of client-facing projects and pipeline of projects, including line management of Poland AWD Team and local direct reports.
- Represent IFDS European business at a global level with the global product manager and with the AWD product vendor.
- Represent AWD product and change management group at exec levels within IFDS.
- Agrees priority of pipeline and strategic changes with Client Relationship Management group, executive sponsors and the global product manager.
- Project management of AWD changes as and when required.
- Coordinates resource allocation of a team of Poland AWD team and any additional resources required to deliver the prioritized projects and coordinate up-front analysis of new requests.
- Review all AWD project scope to ensure alignment of change requests with the corporate and product strategic direction.
- Develop Business Cases for strategic change and for team growth in conjunction with the project and exec sponsors.
- Liaises with clients to establish agree solutions for prioritized projects and to present strategic changes.
- Proactive identification and management of pipeline / portfolio risks, ensuring that the appropriate measures are taken to ensure that all stakeholders have an appropriate appreciation of the key risks and that the required steps to mitigate these risks are completed.
- Ensure projects in the portfolio adhere to appropriate governance documentation throughout the project life cycle including collation of all required signoffs
- Ensure projects maintain RAID logs and issue tracking and management engages the appropriate stakeholders.
- Reports on pipeline status and issues to business unit head on a regular basis.
- Assists and coordinates User Acceptance Testing and implementation planning.
- Assists with the development of the Training Program for the product.
- Interfaces with other business units involved in the project and coordinates the project team and activities across all organizations involved in the project.
- Coordinates internal Legal & Risk requests as they pertain to the AWD product.
- Provides regular resource allocation & forecasting reports , including business cases for FTE replacements and additions.
- Works within the Transfer Agency Project Office structure and ensures that all standard templates are used
What we value
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum 7-8 years of management/supervisory/project management/product management experience in financial services.
- University degree in accounting, banking, finance, business administration, or equivalent professional qualification.
- Knowledge of Transfer Agency function
- Previous people management experience
- Proven track record of delivering client-facing projects
- End to end experience of project lifecycle
- Strong Presentation and Facilitating skills
- Ability to engage successfully in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Experience with AWD or a similar workflow management tool is an advantage.
- Project Management Qualification an advantage.
- Workflow design and / or development experience is an advantage.