Fund Accounting & Administration, Officer
State Street is an industry leader in providing administrative fund services to both Hedge Fund and Private Equity managers within our Alternative Investment Solutions business group. Our PE team delivers customized service solutions for investment funds that have closed end structures and a variety of portfolio investments. This opportunity uniquely offers candidates the opportunity to service hybrid hedge and private equity products for industry leading asset managers. The PE NAV role is the hub in the delivery of administrative services. Employees interact daily with functional teams including; trade operations, investor services, custody, tax, and financial reporting locally and in globally diverse locations.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting & Administration, Officer you will
- Manage internal workflow and client deadlines
- Manage client relationships & liaising with client personnel on a daily basis
- Maintain good working relationship with all client contacts including investment professionals, investors, auditors lawyers, and banking personnel
- Overseeing the general ledger for various fund entities
- Work with internal teams both onshore and abroad
- Review quarterly and annual financial workpaper packages
- Review investor allocations and capital calls and distributions
- Review and/or prepare complex fee calculations management fees waterfall and capital account allocations etc.
- Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- An ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure, and simultaneously handle multiple assignments
- Excellent administrative and organizational with the proven ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 5 to 6 years of Private Equity experience
- Experience with alternative investment asset classes, complex fund structures and fee calculations desired
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.