Sosei Heptares (the corporate brand of Sosei Group Corporation) is a research-focused biotechnology group, publicly listed in Japan (TSE: 4565) and with sites in Tokyo, London, and Cambridge (UK).
Our mission is to make a significant contribution to improving the quality of life and health of people around the world. To achieve this, we will discover, design, and develop the most innovative and effective medicines for patients worldwide, through our world-leading patent-protected technology and platform.
Our primary focus is the discovery and early development of new medicines originating from our proprietary G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR)-targeted StaR® technology and Structure-Based Drug Design (SBDD) platform capabilities. We are advancing a broad and deep pipeline of novel medicines across multiple therapeutic areas, including CNS, immuno-oncology, gastroenterology, inflammation, and other rare/specialty indications.
We have established partnerships with some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, including AbbVie, AstraZeneca, Biohaven, Genentech (Roche), GSK, Novartis, Pfizer and Takeda and additionally with multiple emerging technology companies. Sosei Heptares is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan with corporate and R&D facilities in Cambridge, UK.
Sosei Heptares has approximately 161 employees based at its new R&D research facility at Granta Park. The size of the company ensures a transparent linkage between all activities from early discovery through to clinical development.
Position / Purpose
Assistant Accountant required to join our Granta Park Finance Team (6 people) to support various in-month and month-end accounting processes (see Key responsibilities) which are managed through our NetSuite accounting system. This is an entry level role into the Finance Team and the successful applicant will receive excellent training and support to develop and broaden their existing accounting skills in an ambitious and growing company. This role reports into the Finance Manager.
- Manage prepayments process (continuous process, with peak at month end)
- Maintain prepayment register
- Review newly posted invoices and add to the register where identified as a prepayment
- Monitor release of prepayments and post journals each month
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register (continuous process throughout each month)
- Perform periodic reviews of assets to determine location, owner, and use status
- Label new assets when acquired
- Maintain relations with asset owner
- Identify assets for disposal
- Perform Balance Sheet Reconciliations (2nd week of each month)
- Roll over and update balance sheet reconciliations following month end close
- Identify any errors and updates needed, and liaise with other Finance staff to resolve
- Stamp documents when complete
- Month End Support (4th week and 1st week of each month)
- Act as back up for other month end tasks, where required
- Completion and submission of forms for the Office of National Statistics (as required)
- Gather requested information for ONS forms
- Complete forms and send to ONS
- Reply to any follow up questions from ONS
- Support Development Team in raising Purchase Orders in our Procurement system (Amici)
- Ad hoc Finance support
The successful candidate is expected to have:
Qualifications: Part qualified accountant (AAT / ACCA / CIMA / ACA)
Experience: Very competent at double entry book-keeping with experience of some / all of the areas noted under key responsibilities. Experience of NetSuite is helpful but not essential. Experience of the pharmaceutical industry is also helpful but not essential.
The successful candidate will be employed by Heptares Therapeutics Ltd, a UK wholly owned subsidiary of Sosei Group Corporation.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sosei Heptares is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications should include a CV and covering letter, providing a short description of the background to their interest in the role. Please apply through our on-line jobs’ portal with your application in pdf format quoting reference number 2021-Ass-Acc. The closing date for applications is Thursday 23rd December 2021.
Sosei Heptares does not accept speculative or unsolicited CVs from agencies. All speculative or unsolicited CVs submitted without an agreement in place will be considered Sosei Heptares' property and will not obligate us to pay a referral fee.