Manage and deliver large audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS and ISA’s. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and managing the KPMG audit process.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Manage the execution of large audit engagements of various clients in accordance with the relevant regulatory and professional auditing standards
- Managing partner and specialist involvement on audits and act as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your audits
- Maintain and uphold audit quality on all engagements in accordance with the firm’s methodology and policies
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, resourcing, planning, co-ordination and execution of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, firm’s methodology and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Ensure and maintain compliance with the firm’s independence policies, risk management and training requirements
- Direct, coach and mentor supervisors and team members to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future audit requirements
- Assist in preparing and negotiating fee proposals for our existing client base and for new business
- Assist the Directors and Partners in monitoring the effectiveness of audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Bachelor in Commerce or Completed A levels or equivalent
- Certified CA/CPA/ACCA
- Technically sound, thorough knowledge of IFRS and ISA
Work experience requirements:
- Total of at least 5-6 years post qualification experience required
- Experience in Accounting and handling a team
- Prior experience in dealing in clients involved in Government/Infrastructure.
Knowledge / Technical Skills
- Maintains an awareness of market trends, competitor activity and products/service
- Analyzes complex business situations to identify key issues and priorities
- Clearly articulates the expectation regarding work results, time effort and timelines to team members
- Displays excellent project management skills to deliver high quality work on time and to budget
- Is proactive in identifying and taking forward business opportunities for the long term benefit of both KPMG and the client
KPMG was established in the Lower Gulf in 1973 and has grown to over 1,300 professionals, led by more than 90 partners and directors, across six regional offices. Over the last 40 years, KPMG has worked with leading industry players across the region, helping identify and manage risks and capitalize on opportunities - making us a preferred professional services provider.
We play a pivotal role in helping clients make their own success stories. At various stages of growth, our clients look to us for timely and independent advice. Our professionals are selected from a deep talent pool of industry specialists. They offer significant knowledge, local experience, and a client-focused approach – and are integrated into a network of professionals working with KPMG firms around the world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.