Analyst/Manager - Valuation and Capital Control
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors. It provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
IB&M also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
Globally, Product Control is responsible for the independent oversight and financial control of the Global Markets business. Responsibility includes oversight of all daily P/L production and analysis including attribution and commentary, month end accounting, General Ledger balance sheet reconciliations and other special tasks of the business across the full product range
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Valuation and Capital Control, this role is open to considering an Analyst level to a Manager level candidate.
Do work that matters
Specific valuation related tasks include but not limited to:
- Review Credit Capital to identify material errors and control gaps
- Independent Price Verification, third party rates validation & Bid-offer analysis and methodologies
- XVA’s and associated methodologies and application
- Day 1 pricing including consideration of lifetime capital
- Thin market analysis & other prudential valuation adjustments
- Fair Value Hierarchy classification
- Team training on valuation methodologies and associated industry changes / literature
- Other valuation methodologies and associated modelling
- Manage the information for the Valuation Committee including preparing components of the pack and potentially presenting at the committee
When any changes to system and/or valuation components of the system are made, understand IB&M Finance & cross functional impacts and facilitate the change management as a result of these changes to impacted areas i.e. Ensure overall change impacts on IB&M Finance are understood; and deliver changes to existing processes and develop new processes where applicable
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA or CPA qualification
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline
- Strong numeracy, PC and GL systems and reporting package skills
- Highly numerate with excellent understanding of financial products including derivatives and associated pricing
- Aware of accounting standards and specifically the application in respect to Fair Value reporting
- Excellent understanding of valuation concepts and methodologies
- Actively builds relationships within and across business streams, functional areas and regions
- Awareness of industry changes and research literature and ability and willingness to educate others and propose adoption in the context of the CBA model
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 27/12/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.