Private Equity Funds Senior Accountant
For our office in Jersey, We are currently looking for Senior Officer Accountant within our Private Equity Funds team. We offer a dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customised training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of private equity funds clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Acting as the main accounting liaison and point of contact for certain clients;
- You will be an important link between management and junior staff, responsible for and knowledgeable about the quality of the work that is carried out for your clients;
- You will review work produced for submission to senior level staff;
- Involvement with the day-to-day operations of the client and following up with third parties, including investors and clients;
- Collaborating with the fund administrators in the preparation of periodic reports and regulatory reports for the fund’s entities;
- You will be responsible for the technical coaching of junior staff;
- Together with the manager, you will decide and follow up on the planning of the fund accounting workflow process;
- Ensuring effective cash management of client entities and review of cash reconciliations;
- Bookkeeping and reporting of companies, funds and associated fund structures;
- Preparing of client entities management accounts and financial statements under UK GAAP or IFRS (primary statements and notes utilising trial balances and associated documentation);
- Liaising with tax advisors in respect of ongoing tax compliance responsibilities;
- Responding to clients' requests in terms of tax planning in close collaboration with external tax advisors, if needed; and
- Be part of a team of part or fully qualified accountants and ensure all reporting deadlines are adhered too.
- You are either a fully or part qualified accountant, either ACCA or ACA;
- You have minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the fields of fund accounting, corporate services or private & debt;
- Ambitious with a high level of energy and commitment;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Adaptable approach to using appropriate software and systems;
- You possess team spirit, the capacity to build strong client relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate
Independent and possessing more than eighteen years' experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leading provider of corporate and management services for private equity, debt, infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies.
Our staff of over 3,000 people also provide fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.