Senior - National Tax - IAIC
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: SAN FRANCISCO, NEW YORK, AUSTIN, DALLAS, CHICAGO, LOS ANGELES, BOSTON, WASHINGTON DC, SEATTLE
National Tax Department (NTD) - Senior - International Tax Services – IP Alignment and Industry Convergence (IAIC) Center of Excellence (CoE)
The IP Alignment and Industry Convergence (IAIC) Center of Excellence is a strategic group of International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) and transfer pricing professionals with significant experience in the technology sector and digital business models. The group brings expertise and content to assist EY teams and their clients to manage and exploit their intangible property (IP) and develop a digital strategy. With technology and digital business models rapidly converging and blurring industry lines, companies are facing new tax considerations and liabilities they might not have encountered historically. That’s where the IP Alignment and Industry Convergence CoE goes to work.
As an ITTS Senior, we’ll look to your knowledge across a wide range of tax areas and processes, devising effective outcomes to some of the most complex challenges around. You’ll work with some of the world’s most prestigious businesses, and in return you can expect an incredible range of projects and responsibilities that will support your career growth. This role will involve active and frequent participation within a network across 15 jurisdictions, including the partners located in those jurisdictions that work with the US based management team.
Your key responsibilities
This role and the National Tax Department (NTD) working group is led by EY’s US-based international tax and transfer pricing group of senior NTD partners that work directly within the emerging digital convergence trends in the global economy; we intend to provide high value consulting services helping clients with the following:
- Understand how overall IP and digital enterprise IP strategy must adjust given the status of pending US tax reform, non-US tax incentive regimes, complex multi-jurisdiction controversy profiles, the quickly evolving OECD BEPS 2.0, EU, and specific country digital taxation policy agendas, as well as the needs of rapidly expanding businesses.
- Adapt legacy technology and digital sector planning techniques to companies in all industry sectors (e.g., automotive, banking, consumer products, life sciences, etc.)
- Assist senior tax leaders, CFOs, BODs and C suite teams to understand how the digital and global IP taxation landscape fits together
- Understand the opportunity to blend EY’s indirect, incentives, and foreign network and law offerings into the planning discussion as well as into the M&A landscape.
- Work across our Americas and global firm both on reform and policy evolution as it impacts planning with EY’s connected digital and technology sectors.
Skills and attributes for success
- Identifying and answering complex domestic and international tax issues
- Providing technical tax advice and planning services to a portfolio of projects
- Building long-lasting relationships with our clients, developing your understanding of their unique needs and requirements
- Supervising high-performing teams and sharing your experience and knowledge of leading-practices
- Constantly developing your own knowledge, maintaining your status as a trusted advisor by monitoring emerging trends, technologies and practices
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as Accounting, Business or Finance) and/or a Juris Doctorate in Law
- A US state CPA license or US state bar membership
- The ability to communicate complex international tax and industry concepts to clients through exceptional writing and speaking skills
- Minimum of 3 years of US Tax experience in professional services or professional tax organization
- Experience managing budgets and projects
- Understand the evaluation of options related to the global alignment of IP within the context of evolving tax landscapes including US tax reform, OECD BEPS initiatives, global digital economy taxation paradigms, and policy.
- Ability to advise on how IP alignment and tax enabled business model strategies must scale to organizations in all industry sectors as well as the rapid globalization with respect to IP within both startup companies as well as existing multinationals.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment
What we look for
We’re looking for knowledgeable technical professionals with an excellent general knowledge of both international and domestic tax. You’ll need excellent business acumen and a firm strategic vision, so if you are ready to bring it to life by developing your team, this role is for you.
The salary range for this position in Denver, CO is: $71,000 - $133,100
The salary range for this position in Las Vegas NV is: $71,000 - $133,100
The salary range for this position in Hartford, CT is: $74,700 - $140,000
The salary range for this position in Stamford, CT is:$85,900 - $161,100
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.