An exciting opportunity to join an expanding finance function as an Accounts Assistant. You will be carrying out all accounting duties across 3 entities for a global marine mutual club
A global firm, with a finance function in London of near to 20 people. The client manages companies that provide protection and indemnity insurance for shipowners, and professional indemnity insurance for architects and insurance brokers.
- Processing payments - including, but not limited to, urgent or prompt invoices, fees and insurance claims
- Analysing and resolving pending invoices
- Expense payments
- Setting up remittance advice email addresses
- Prepayments project
- Review outstanding invoices
- Staff expense reimbursements
- Liaising with the online banking service; setting up and sending electronic payments
- Posting and reconciliation of sterling accounts (RBS & Lloyds)
- Processing payments
- Good academic background having completed their studies recentl
- c. 1-2 years+ accountancy experience. This role would suit a 'second-jobber'
- Studying or looking to study towards an accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- The role will be hybrid working with the office based in Monument.
- Comfortable with mathematics and excel spreadsheets.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Results orientated and self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail.
Looking to pay up to £26,000 with benefits which includes full study support