Group Assistant Accountant
Reporting into the Finance Manager and Group FC, this broad role will support month end reporting activities, payroll, setting up of suppliers and processing payments, and will assist in preparing the Group statutory accounts and other submissions.
My client is is one of the most exciting, forward-thinking brands in financial services. Operating across the UK their customers are at the heart of what they do.
- Preparation of various month end journals, balance sheet reconciliations and responsible for running the month end close process
- Monthly preparation of the bank pack which reports on the Cash flow, P&L & Balance Sheet, and the Compliance statement which reports on our covenant compliance
- Preparation of payroll for 500+ employees each month
- Preparation of payroll related journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Processing of monthly payments to HMRC and Payroll ONS submissions
- Preparation of statutory financial statements and involvement in the year end audit. This will include liaising with the auditors and gathering the data required to support the audit.
- Other ad-hoc work as required relevant to the role and supporting the wider Finance team.
- Part-qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- Academically strong with a track record of achievement
- Experience of month end reporting, including the preparation of journals and proficient in preparing robust balance sheet reconciliations
- Microsoft office and good knowledge and experience of using Excel
- Previous involvement in preparing statutory accounts and/or payroll would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will receive a salary up to £30,000 with excellent company benefits including study support & hybrid working.