Lead Senior Compliance Officer
ACCA is committed to a workplace culture which is inclusive, diverse, human and connected. ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward-thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in 50+ countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation. Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently looking for a Lead Senior Compliance Officer on a full time, permanent basis. This position sits within the Compliance team, based from home.
Reporting to the Compliance Manager, on a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Manage a team of Senior Compliance Officers (SCOs) applying all CHQ policies and procedures such as performance management, ensuring the team are capable of meeting the teams’ objectives. This is to include regular 121s, leading team meetings, providing training and support and monitoring progress in relation to quantative and qualitative aspects of the SCO role.
- Providing team input to operational plans and budgets in contribution to the Strategy and Governance Directorate’s overall input to ACCA strategy.
- Supporting the compliance manager in relation to regulator queries and recommendations.
- Plan and conduct monitoring visits, to firms holding a UK or Ireland auditing certificate and/or CAA-Atol licence issued by ACCA, in accordance with defined procedures; identify and communicate any necessary improvements in the firm’s work to ensure that it is complying with relevant standards, ACCA’s Global Practising Regulations and the Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- Proactively liaise with other departments (such as Authorisation and Investigations) in accordance with defined procedures to ensure that ACCA discharges its regulatory responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
- Carry out visit reports reviews in accordance with defined procedures to ensure consistency of approach across the department and maintain the quality of written output.
- Lead on a programme of continuous improvement activities of the team.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a recognised professional accountancy qualification (ACCA or equivalent)
- Has significant post-qualification experience at manager level or equivalent in an audit practice environment including line management of a team
- Has in-depth technical knowledge of International Standards on Auditing, Ethical Standards and the relevant sections of ACCA’s Rulebook
- Has the ability to communicate confidently, effectively and appropriately with experienced, qualified audit practitioners, both orally and in writing
- Has the ability to build strong working relationships with key teams across ACCA
- Has sound judgment and be able to make reasoned and appropriate decisions
- Has the ability to understand and interpret defined procedures and identify areas for improvement
- Is self-motivated and able to work independently with the minimum of supervision and able to work to strict deadlines
- Is computer literate, with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including private healthcare, pension, life assurance, employee assistance programme and Nudge (a financial wellbeing tool)
- Customisable benefits including health assessments, healthcare cash plan, dental cover, gadget insurance and much, much more
- Flexible working times to support work/life balance. In addition, though we may not always be able to accommodate, we'll always consider all requests for flexible working arrangements
Equality, diversity and inclusion statement
At ACCA we recognise the value inherent to a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. In line with our values, we're committed to removing artificial barriers, creating connections and embracing diversity. We're passionate about eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation, ensuring no employee or applicant is treated less favourably than another. We want to create opportunity for all so that everyone working for ACCA feels supported at work and can be themselves.
We strive to create an environment where you can prioritise your wellbeing and so have designed our benefits to give you the flexibility and power to do so. Our core benefits include private healthcare, life assurance and income protection as well as a fantastic defined contribution pension scheme.
We provide an employee assistance programme and are proud to offer a financial wellbeing tool called Nudge, to our employees.
Our flexible benefits platform gives you the power to customise your benefit plan to suit your needs, you can choose to add a number of benefits including extra holidays, PMI family cover, cycle to work, Travel and Gym loans and more! You can also enjoy exclusive access to our discount site and wellbeing centre platform.
We are committed to equal opportunities across our recruitment activities and have a real commitment to ensuring the inclusion and well-being of all employees. We have a blended approach to working to support our employees to balance the needs of their job with other aspects of their life.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.