Fund Accountant – UK Financial Reporting – Fund Accounting
The team is responsible for providing reporting and associated Fund Accounting services to clients in respect of collective investment vehicles. The primary services provided are:-
- Statutory Financial Reporting
The team consists of Approximatly 7-10 staff and manages several large client relationships circa 500-600 OEIC, Unit Trusts and equivalent Funds.
The team is based in the BNY Mellon office in Manchester.
Assistant Manager Financial reporting – UK Fund Accounting
The jobholder is responsible for the preparation and delivery of statutory and regulatory financial reporting requirements for client’s collective investment vehicles including the calculation of distribution rates and taxation amounts.
- Produce accounts, short form reports and subsidiary information for collective investment vehicles ensuring timely and accurate delivery to agreed timetables and SLA standards and ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting standards, relevant SORPs and other regulations
- Core work includes proofing of final reports and preparation of financial statements proformas, audit file reconciliations & supporting documentation, distribution rate calculations and taxation schedules
- Liaison with appropriate external and internal parties re work deliverables and processes
- Be aware of the risks of team operations and deliverables and ensure required controls maintained and procedures complied with
- Ad-hoc preliminary review (where appropriate) of accounts files, distribution information, proof reports and other associated calculations and information
- Provide training and guidance (where appropriate) to less experienced Fund Accountants
- Other project work and ad-hoc tasks as required
Job Specific Competencies
- Adaptable, flexible and proactive
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good decision maker, responsible and accountable
- Deadline driven with effective time management and ability to work under pressure
- Client orientated and results focused
- Attention to detail
- Manages risk
- Ability to establish and develop effective relationships
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Experienced accountant with sound double entry and financial accounting knowledge including UK GAAP or equivalent standards exposure
- Good knowledge of the securities industry with experience in an FCA regulated business
- Experience of IMA SORP requirements and financial reporting for OEIC / Unit Trust or equivalent vehicles preferable
- Experience of Taxation requirements for OEIC / Unit Trust or equivalent vehicles preferable
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Excel.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Graduate calibre
- Accounting qualification Qualified (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) or part qualified (ACA / ACCA) [preferable]
- FCA T&C threshold competence [preferable]
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.