Senior Associate - Global Billing Function
State Street has established a Global Billing Function under Controllership, which is responsible for client billing set up and invoicing across all business lines and geographies globally at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities globally, and also includes centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in Poland, India and China. Billing Organization owns aspects of business-as-usual activities within billing areas and also drives process improvements and automation.
Basic Purpose of Job:
The Senior Associate will be responsible for certain aspects of the invoice billing process, such as invoice raising, OOPS (Out of Pocket Expenses) invoicing, and invoice review across State Street global businesses spread across countries & regions.
The Invoice Review Associate will be directly responsible for day-to-day production of accurate, consistent, and timely invoice deliverables. The Invoice Review Associate will also be responsible for the production and review of State Street Global Advisors’ invoices.Responsibilities:-
Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
- General responsibility for particular invoicing activities, such as production and review
- Adopt “owner’s mind set”, work independently, and effectively manage timelines
- Measure, review, and assess performance and progress towards goals
- Responsible for ongoing process improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance with an experience minimum of 4 to 6 years working with invoices in a global billing function at a large financial services institution.
- Knowledge of various services and industry trends of billing methods for those services like Custody services, Sub custodian, trust services and out pocket expense billing, asset management etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge in improving the invoice function for multiple geographies and business areas.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advance levels of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Knowledge of billing systems
- Conceptual understanding of company-wide financial architecture (GL, sub-GL technology, specialized tools) applicable to the above process groups of processes
- Independent decision-making capabilities, demonstrated thought leadership
- Pride of ownership with the ability to deliver high quality results timely
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Strong analytical and ability to analyze and summarize complex financial transactions
- Strong attention to details
- Problem solving skill
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment