Process Controller - LESR/ GFR #192833
Your field of responsibility
Your responsibilities include:
- Partner with line teams to Identify / documentation of key controls that mitigate financial statement & regulatory reporting risks
- Captures and reviews existing policies, narratives, and flowcharts to develop an understanding of the business processes underlying key financial statement risks and the existing controls/ processes both, SOX and non-SOX
- Independently collaborates with control and process owners on ongoing design of internal controls, identifies control gaps and proposes control re-design and/or new controls to address gaps
- Provides recommendations for control improvements in execution that will increase efficiency with adequate coverage of risks
- Develops and recommends remediation plans and works with business partners to resolve deficiencies through process changes, improvements, automation, or the addition of new processes
- Supports integration of newly acquired businesses by helping to develop and implement controls to achieve SOX & regulatory reporting compliance
- Works with Line teams to identify root-cause for an issue and put together corrective actions
Your future colleagues
The Process Controller will be part of FMAR and is the main point of contact for the line teams for any risk and controls topics, including both routine and ad-hoc requirements.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Chartered Accountant or CPA is essential
- You have 8+ years of strong Accounting/ Audit/ Financial & Regulatory reporting experience
- You have deep understanding of key aspects associated with the financial documents and the notes of the legal entity
- You should have experience in risk management and controls implementation
- Participated in process-improvement initiatives to enhance accounting and internal control system
- You have knowledge & experience of SOX requirements / ICFR/ Accounting / Audit experience
- Knowledge of US, Swiss, IFRS and local GAAP accounting and regulatory requirements
- You have exposure to Financial services industry
- Outstanding attention to detail with strong communication skills, analytical and managerial skills
- Effective presentation and reporting skills
- You have effective verbal and written communication skills
- You have the ability to learn and apply learning quickly
- You have excellent team-player / team leading skills
- Time management – organizing and prioritizing work
- Proven ability to meet strict reporting deadlines
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Your new employerFind a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training. We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients. Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.