Indirect Tax VAT Compliance - Senior Accountant
Indirect Tax VAT Compliance - Senior Accountant
Indirect Tax has 9 sub-functions which manage Global accounts. Indirect Tax is spread across 8 GDS Locations. Our footprint extends to over 30+ countries in the world and looking at expanding it to over 50+ countries soon. We help country practices streamline and manage large engagements for several clients. Our team is Dynamic, culturally diverse and inclusive global workforce. Organized across geographic areas and business lines We drive high performance work culture.
As a Tax Senior, you would be responsible for reviewing amended federal and state income tax returns for corporations and partnerships; developing and supervising staff, preparing more complex tax returns and assisting in client management and practice development activities.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead & Implement Client’s engagements from start to finish (Planning, executing, directing and completing project)
- Strong experience in managing engagement economics
- Interpreting and complying with state and local statutes, regulations and legislations
- Proactively resolve tax-related problem and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Act as a single point of contact to handle the engagement related activities for the Central team or Local EY representatives.
- Detailed review of amended returns and related work papers
- Assist in preparation of responses to various tax audits
- Analyze and Recommend tax strategies by researching federal, state and local taxation issues
- Gain details of Client operations, processes and business activities.
- Organize and lead the user conference calls to effectively manage the compliance.
- Drive the new technology, tools and the quality initiatives
- Comply with Ernst & Young compliance procedure
Skills and attributes for success
- Lead, supervise, train and mentor staffs and interns on the engagements
- A team-player, dedicated to exceptional client service
- Monitor the performance and create opportunities for growth and guide the counselees on enhancing the technical and non-technical skills.
- Identify the training needs and organize the trainings
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Graduate/Postgraduates preferably in Commerce
- At least 4 – 10 years of professional experience in State compliance or Amended state compliance, Accounts Payable / Receivable, VAT
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and thorough knowledge on tax applications (Corp tax, One Source and Go System etc.)
- Broad exposure to federal and state income taxation and knowledge of tax regulations • Accounts Payable / Receivable experience
- Hands on Indirect Tax – VAT or Property Tax Experience would be helpful
- Technical/Analytical expertise on the Power BI, Alteryx tools would be appreciated
Ideally, you’ll also have
- High level knowledge and experience of a local country Indirect Tax Compliance.
- Knowledge of Global Indirect Tax Compliance and the associated processes.
What we look for
We look for candidates with proven capabilities in driving multiple projects, with exception client management and project management experience
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning:You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success, as defined by you:We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership:We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers to the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.