Fund Accounting & Administration, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
- SA SME role with experience on accounting income or corporate action, familiar with accounting operation. And Accounting or Finance background (preferred)
- Good logical thinking, data analytical skills with highly numerate and detail oriented.
- Be innovative, good mindset or sense of change, ability on project handling etc.
- Be accountability, effective communication and negotiation skills
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Fund accountants are primarily responsible for the timely and accurate execution and reporting of net asset valuations (NAVs) for our clients’ accounts (funds). The fund accountant identifies, analyzes and substantiates impacts to the NAV. Critical functions performed include the processing and verification of all subscription and redemption activity (for unitized products), posting and monitoring of expense accruals, security transaction and corporate action review, monitoring of dividend and interest income and accruals, mark-to-market calculations, monitoring of securities pricing impacts, price dissemination and generating various accounting-based reporting.
What we value:
- Assign work and supervise the daily operations of the team, and be responsible for research and resolution of issues/inquiries
- Audit deliverables, plan and manage resources for completing deliverables in accurate and timely manner
- Ensure full understanding of new business transition/migration and ensure proper implementation within the team
- Demonstrate satisfactory resolution of issues and ensure to escalate operational risks determined to the 1st Line Manager in a timely manner to achieve risk excellence
- Support manager to constantly review and optimize our operation, as well as drive the implementation of operational efficiencies and re-engineering initiatives
- Be accountable for staff performance tracking, new staff on-boarding, overtime control, leave planning, as well as assist manager for individual development planning according to BPO Staff Development Framework
- Work in conjunction with others and build professional working relations with internal & external clients; foster this culture within the team
- Enforce adherence to the corporate compliance and risk management policies; support manager to implement BCP strategies, and risk control within the team
- Act and dress professionally, instill a professional attitude at all times in the team
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or above and minimum 3 years’ experience in financial services, fund accounting and/or a back-office operations
- Proven track record of innovation, creative solutions, and ability to design and drive change
- Good interpersonal skill and strong team spirit, effective communication and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, creative and efficient in finding solutions to complex, time-critical problems and strong analytical ability
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.