Business and Strategic Analyst (EMEIA)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Knowledge helps EY to win in the market by providing the right insights at the right time through an agile, client-first organization. In support of this vision, this analyst position, supporting EY’s EMEIA Financial Services Strategy and Transaction practice, will see you provide deep insights and perspectives on high priority areas of focus to EY stakeholders and partners, identifying opportunities for EY products and services.
EY Strategy and Transactions has a market-leading proposition to create and maximize value for our clients, whether they are defining tomorrow's growth strategy, acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking a strategic transformation or restructuring.
As part of EY Knowledge, the EMEIA Analyst is responsible for providing impactful analysis and insight to EY's EMEIA Financial Services Strategy & Transactions leadership team, with specific focus on EY Parthenon, the strategy arm of the Business, to support their business development, service delivery and external market positioning efforts.
In this role you will combine strong analytical skills and a strategic mindset with real-world perspectives driven by an understanding of client issues and broader marketplace drivers. You will have a key role to play in supporting EY’s EMEIA leaders and practitioners in achieving impact and traction on their highest priorities.
Strategy & Transactions is a group of experienced financial services professionals with a background in strategy, and operations and transactions, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients.
Your key responsibilities
In the Business and Strategic analyst role you will be a vital member of the team working directly with the EMEIA Strategy & Transactions Leadership, with specific focus on the EY Parthenon, the Strategy arm of the Business, to develop and implement the sector strategy and agenda. In this role you will,
- Drive research and thought leadership, working alongside with sector Partners and VPs/Senior Managers to develop hypothesis driven content deployed to drive tangible results
- Work closely with marketing team to bring thought leadership to market and coordinate on other marketing activities
- Encourage sharing and reuse of relevant insights and materials across the team
- Create content for sector meetings and sector specific events
Skills and attributes for success
- "Can do" attitude with a growth mindset
- Project Management - be part of project teams comprising colleagues from across the Strategy & Transactions sub service lines.
- Business and Commercially Driven - working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients.
- Business Development - assist in aspects of pursuits and proposal development. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- Learning - learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences.
- Building Relationships -cultivate strong working relationships and support to key decision makers.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's degree in Business, engineering, finance, or discipline relevant to financial services sector; 1- 3 years related work experience, typically in a strategy role, or a knowledge role at a strategy firm
- 7+ years business experience
- Strong project management, organizational skills and ability to drive actions with senior leaders
- Understanding of the client service industry
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and initiatives at one time
- Deep understanding of the applicable sector including current trends, market cycles and potential disruption
- Experience writing formal and informal research content with varying levels of details
- An intellectual curiosity to become the sector expert and entrepreneurial attitude to turn that expertise into a commercial asset for S&O
Ideally, you'll also have
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Previous experience in a mergers or acquisitions transactions role
- Growth strategy acumen and/or experience
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Previous experience in a relevant industry
- Understand of the EY delivery capabilities, organization and go to market frameworks
What we look for
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.