Manager- Business Consulting- Technology Risk
EY is the leading professional services firm committed to creating a Better Working World. Fast pace of today’s business cycle as well as the rapid developments in business, operational and technological space present rapid growth opportunities as well as create uncertainties for today’s business leaders and workforce. EY Risk consulting is fully engaged with these developments that are rapidly reshaping the entire industries and economies leading to a redefining of their risk profiles.
Within MENA region, EY is actively engaged with all sectors of the economy and actively supporting the vision of national leaderships especially in the GCC countries. EY is dedicated to help our clients in all sectors anticipate the uncertainty they face in doing their business and work closely with them to help effectively manage the Risk. Technology is a major component underpinning the transformation programs. EY Risk consulting especially Technology Risk team is currently looking for scaling up the capabilities and the skills on hand to serve increasing demands of our clients in their sophisticated technology environments.
You will be part of our account centric growth strategy focusing on issue-based and competency-driven client needs. That's what differentiates EY in the Consulting marketplace.
You will help our clients evaluate and enhance their business; with a focus on managing the risk arising from ongoing technology developments and the resultant fast-paced changes in their business and operational processes.
You will be part of EY MENA team working with different MENA offices with other EY teams drawn from our local, regional and global offices to serve MENA clients.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide high quality professional day-to-day management of IT audit engagements/projects and understand EY’s practices and service offerings and identify potential opportunities to improve such service offerings
- Lead and support the on-site coordination role for audit clients including planning, briefing team on the client's IT environment and industry IT trends, coaching and mentoring staff, communicating with the clients and completing audit engagements
- Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered.
- Prepare IT external audit reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of control structure, along with practical recommendations to improve the effectiveness, efficiency of a control or process.
- Discuss and resolve IT audit issues and recommendations with client management.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex information systems and apply it to client situations.
- Lead and support Technology Risk consulting engagements relating to assessing/implementing leading practices and standards, third party controls attestation, technology assessments, IT regulatory compliance, etc.
Skills and attributes for success
- Providing guidance and knowledge, participating in performing procedures focusing on complex, judgmental, and/or specialized issues
- Maintaining relationships with client management, managing expectations around work products, timing, and deliverables billing
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of complex information systems and the client’s business/industry.
- Demonstrating excellent project management skills, inspiring teamwork and responsibility with team members. Using current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 6+ years of experience in IT external and/or IT Risk Management and/or IT consulting
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related discipline. Alternatively, a degree in business, accounting, finance, with additional IT qualifications.
- Master’s degree will be preferable.
- Experience of working as IT risk consultant or an IT auditor for a public accounting firm, professional services firm, technology company, telecom company or a financial services company, or comparable experience as an IT/IS consultant
- Relevant experience areas include, but not limited to, IT Risk assessment and management, Digital Trust, Mobile Technology assessments, Emerging Technologies (Robotics, IoT, Cloud and Blockchain), ERP control validations (SAP, Oracle, MS Dynamics), systems and networking technologies, IT/Business process and internal control assessments, internal audit engagements, external audit integration, application of data analytics, and/or third party reporting, etc.
- Assisting with business development activities across various sector/geography/solution focus
- For Manager position, strong project management skills are expected
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and client service skills
- Travel is required which will be 80% of the time
Ideally, you’ll also have
CISA, CISSP, CISM, and/or a related certification is essential for long-term growth in the role; Based on an individual’s professional background, area of specialization or industry focus, we recognize that other certifications, credentials or experience may be more relevant than the listed certifications and therefore may be acceptable.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
Ability and willingness for full-time travel and work at different MENA offices is a pre-requisite. EY has well-defined travel policies and administrative setup in place to facilitate the travel across EY offices.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.