Audit Manager - International Institutions & Donor Assurance
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Providing financial services to a number of large institutions around the world, our International Institutions and Donor Assurance team works closely with global clients – such as UN agencies and the European Commission – particularly those involved in international development, grant-making and grant-funded programmes. Built over 30 years, our talented, diverse and multi-lingual team, from graduates to experienced specialists, have established us as global leaders in our field, across a range of disciplines. This team applies their skills, knowledge and ambition to a variety of challenges and has a genuine passion for what they do.
We’ll help you succeed
The manager is at the forefront of the work of our department. Travelling internationally, meeting clients, colleagues and auditees. Leading meetings, leading audit teams, supporting junior colleagues, writing and reviewing audit reports, managing key relationships. Representing IIDA and BDO in person in front of multiple stakeholders. Contributing to the success of our clients and to the development of auditees, as well as your colleagues. The role of manager is both challenging and rewarding, and as well as office-based management work, offers travel experiences that very few other roles can match. In the role, depending on whether you are managing or leading fieldwork, you will:
- Prepare/review a tailored plan for all assignments based on a good understanding of the terms of reference and the applicable contractual conditions
- Lead/support opening meetings with clients and auditees and present the audit findings clearly and credibly at closing meetings
- Lead/support assignment fieldwork teams, including locally based staff, on overseas assignments, or work alone
- Demonstrate the ability to identify issues and areas of non-compliance on an assignment and write them up as findings in a detailed, precise and clear way in the assignment report
- Ensure the high quality of our written outputs by carrying our thorough and informed report reviews
- Lead/support larger country wide teams, acting as the client focal point and taking on management tasks
- Be proactive in supporting junior colleagues with their learning and development
- Be a trusted focal point for clients and service providers, offering solutions and support to them as required
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Be prepared to be out of the office on international assignments for up to 30% of the time*
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- A genuine interest in international development
- A love of international travel, preferably with experience of working or volunteering internationally
- A second language, especially French, Spanish, German, Russian or Mandarin
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- An ability to communicate in a professional, constructive and respectful manner
- A proven aptitude for both team management and client support
- At least 6 years’ proven track record in audit and assurance work
*Due to the pandemic, the international travel element of the role has been significantly reduced and replaced largely by remote work. An increase in international travel opportunities is expected when the pandemic eases.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.