National Tax - ITTS Capital Markets Senior Manager
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: CHICAGO, HOBOKEN, SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES, WASHINGTON DC
Our National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile, national and multinational clients, providing a range of domestic and international transactional tax planning services and tax-related advisory services. The combination of knowledge and experience forms the basis of our ability to assist clients in meeting their business objectives. We believe that by managing our clients' tax obligations responsibly and proactively we can make a critical difference, and you'll be at the heart of this mission.
The NTD Capital Markets Tax Practice assists with the provision of tax advisory services with respect to domestic and cross-border financial transactions and structures, including cash management, debt and equity instruments, derivatives, financial products, foreign currency, and hedging activities. Services include transaction planning and implementation, research and analysis of complex tax issues, and writing tax memoranda.
Your key responsibilities
You will Interact with firm professionals from multiple tax disciplines, including international tax, IRS practice and procedure, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, real estate, leasing, accounting methods, and foreign tax to provide timely and high-quality services and work products that meet or exceed client expectations. This will make you a trusted advisor and role model for our people across multiple teams, making this a great place to develop a diverse network of collaborative colleagues. Whatever you find yourself doing, you'll personally coach and develop a highly trained team, all while handling activities with a focus on quality and commercial value.
Skills and attributes for success
- Identifying and answering complex domestic and international tax issues
- Providing technical tax advice and planning services to a portfolio of projects
- Transactional experience and foreign tax currency exposure
- Building long-lasting relationships with our clients, developing your understanding of their unique needs and requirements
- Building and leading a dedicated client service team, providing performance feedback and guaranteeing your people always have the skills, tools and opportunities they need to grow
- Constantly developing your own knowledge, maintaining your status as a trusted advisor by monitoring emerging trends, technologies and practices
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field (such as Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field ) and/or a Juris Doctorate in Law
- A US state CPA license (or similar non-US license that can be transferred)or state bar membership
- The ability to communicate complex tax and industry concepts to clients through exceptional writing and speaking skills
- Confidence in your ability to prioritize when working on multiple complex projects
- The ability to collaboratively work with others as part of a high-performing team
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in professional services or professional tax organization
- Excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated business development skills and experience
Ideally, you'll also have
- A proven record in a professional services environment
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment
What we look for
We're looking for knowledgeable technical professionals who have experience with capital markets transactions; including retirements of debt instruments, hedging and other derivative transactions. You'll need excellent business acumen and a firm strategic vision, so if you are ready to bring it to life by developing your team, this role is for you.
EY complies with all local laws and regulations. Applicants for jobs in our offices in Colorado, Connecticut and Nevada can find more information here.
The salary range for this position in Denver, CO is: $124,400 - $241,400
The salary range for this position in Las Vegas NV is: $124,400 - $241,400
The salary range for this position in Hartford, CT is: $131,000 - $254,100
The salary range for this position in Stamford, CT is: $150,600 - $292,300
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.