Business Consulting - Technology Risk Manager (IT Audit)
We enhance performance through creating risk-enabled organizations. We help clients identify important risks, design frameworks to manage them and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management. As a risk transformation professional, you will be addressing client issues such as business performance variability, business and process controls transformation and automation; application security integrity, governance, risk and control (GRC) technology enablement, business and/or IT GRC, continuous monitoring, vendor and contract risk management, IT risk management as well as to support and manage technology risk audits. You will belong to an international network of specialists helping our clients transform risk functions and implement technology solutions that support risk management and governance.
We will support you with career-long training and coaching to develop your skills in risk strategy, risk function design, risk management and performance enhancement. As EY is a global leading service provider in this space, you will be working with the best of the best in a collaborative environment. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and the firm. Engagements focus on the assessment and/or evaluation of IT systems and the mitigation of IT-related business risks. Engagements may be either assurance (attestation) and/or risk consulting in nature, and vary considerably in size and complexity.
All of our Technology Risk services whether assurance or consulting in nature are designed for the dual purpose of strengthening internal controls and, in so doing, helping to improve IT and business performance.
In addition to assurance-related engagements such as financial attestation and ISAE 3402 engagements, you will focus on IT governance and effectiveness; IT program management and assurance; security and controls of ERP implementations; and business intelligence and information analysis.
As a Manager within the Technology Risk team, you will provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in performing procedures especially focusing on complex, judgmental and/or specialized issues.
You will work with the team and the client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and addresses the risks inherent in the engagement.
Your key responsibilities
- Brief the engagement team on the client's IT environment and industry IT trends
- Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and deliverables
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex information systems and apply it to client situations
- Use extensive knowledge of the client's business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate impacts on the client's business
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members
- Use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A recognized university degree in accounting, business, information technology, engineering, mathematics or other relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant IT audit, consulting or industry experience, preferably in a professional services environment or MNC.
- Significant experience in having applied relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements:
- financial statement audits;
- internal or operational audits;
- ISAE 3402 engagements;
- ERP security and controls reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft)
- SOX integrated audits and/or
- application of data analytics for business process reviews (e.g., ACL, IDEAL, SQL, Tableau, Spotfire)
- Strong project management skills and able to manage a portfolio of engagements
- Ability to identify and cross sell services within the firm to existing clientele
Ideally, you should also have
- Professional certification e.g. CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, COBIT, ISMS, CBCP, CIA, CIPP, CGEIT, CIPM or CIPP certification or other related certifications
- Experience in financial institutions (i.e. banking, insurance, wealth/asset management etc.)
- Knowledge in central bank regulatory framework
- Strong grasp of business and technical issues and industry trends
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.