Tax Senior - Quantitative Economics & Statistics (QUEST) - State and Local Policy & Economics
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
QUEST is an interdisciplinary team of economists, statisticians, and business analysts that assists companies, governments, and industry groups with a variety of sophisticated quantitative analyses. Our team provides clients in a wide range of industries and geographies with services related to policy-focused economic analysis, statistical sampling, survey design and implementation, and other quantitative analytics.
QUEST also functions as one of EY’s internal think tanks, providing analyses of important issues to inform our clients’ business strategies. At QUEST, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a unique combination of leading economists at the forefront of public policy debates, statisticians designing cutting-edge sampling techniques, and survey specialists developing innovative approaches to collecting information from businesses and customers.
We are seeking a Senior Analyst to support QUEST’s state and local policy and economics services. The position requires a background in economics, quantitative modeling skills with a preference for experience with Stata, SAS, R and Python, and excellent oral and written communication skills. The Senior Analyst will be part of a broader team and will oversee Staff and Intern work while developing analyses and deliverables for clients that managers will review.
Tasks that the Senior Analyst will assist with include:
- Providing quantitative analyses of state and local policy issues
- Developing tools to evaluate cost/revenue implications of proposed tax policies
- Conducting tax climate and tax burden studies for specific industries
- Using IMPLAN to estimate the economic impact of industries, companies, and new facilities
- Forecasting of tax revenue for a state or local government
- Programming in Stata, Python, R, and SAS, and building models in Excel
- Developing client reports and presentations
- Assisting with proposals and pitches for new projects
To qualify for the role, you must have
- An advanced degree in economics, public policy, data analytics, or relevant field
- At least 2-3 years of experience performing similar tasks as the position requires
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, both written and oral
- Computer skills, including experience with statistical programming software and database management
What we look for
We’re looking for someone who is excited about learning sophisticated types of quantitative analyses. We are also looking for someone who is interested in learning about tax policy, economic policy, different specialized industries, how to meaningfully use, interpret and visually display data, and the intersection of business and government. If you’re someone who likes to conquer challenging projects and enjoys applying your quantitative skills, then this role is ideal for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.