Technical Senior Audit Manager
Technical Senior Audit Manager
Are you a Senior Audit Manager who thrives on the technical elements of Audit?
This is a unique opportunity for someone to work closely with our Audit leadership team to maintain and develop our firm wide high-quality technical audit procedures.
You will use your strong technical knowledge to help guide and coach our expanding team of auditors. At the same time, you will be responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of Audit clients and will play a key role within our Bristol Audit Team.
This role will enable you to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
Working from our brand-new flagship Bristol office, you will be joining a business that has been ranked as one of the Top 10 Best Accounting Firms to Work For and has won a significant number of new clients from the Big 4 / Top 10 firms in the last 12 months. Our audit team is one of the largest in the Bristol area is expanding year on year.
We anticipate your time being split equally between Audit Technical and client work. Your responsibilities will include:
Senior Technical Manager
- Work closely with the partners in the Audit Leadership team in continuing to develop our audit quality
- Assist in the ongoing refining and developing of structured training for both trainees and seniors and upwards across the whole firm
- Coordinate and contribute to the audit technical team’s responses to technical queries, researching matters and consulting as required
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge, and identifying emerging issues which need to be communicated to the team
- Assist in the development of data analytic audit techniques and the implementation of technology into our audit processes
- Coordinate and assist in delivering our internal quality control procedures, including our regular cold review program
Senior Audit Manager
- Leading, planning and delivering a broad range of Corporate and NFP audit engagements
- Executing assurance engagements from planning to completion for statutory and group reporting
- To coach and develop our audit trainees into becoming accomplished business advisors
- Monitoring budgets and agreeing fees for each assignment
- Managing client relationships and expectations
- Contribute to business development activities in the local market place
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- ACA/ACCA Qualification (or equivalent)
- Experience of managing a diverse portfolio of audit clients
- A proven track record of understanding and advising on technical audit issues
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that will allow you to pass on your excellent technical knowledge to our audit teams in a timely and engaging manner
- Motivation to progress to Director and Partner level
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.