People Advisory Services - Pension Actuary - Manager
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: Dallas, Houston, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
People Advisory Services – WFA/Actuarial – Manager
Managing global workforces is increasingly complex. People Advisory Services (PAS) builds and improves organizational and individual performance, delivering a highly complex and challenging mission, especially in an ever-changing working environment. As a member of one the PAS pillars you’ll be part of a team with a wide variety of experiences and a supportive environment. When you join us, you will gain unique experiences and valuable knowledge working across capabilities, sectors and geographies and have the opportunity to take your career in the direction you want.
As a Manager, you will manage diverse employee benefits projects ranging from retirement plan valuations, forecasting, special studies, retirement and health and welfare plan design, vendor evaluations, DOL, employee benefits plan filings and mergers/acquisitions. You will have the opportunity to gain excellent personal and professional growth and meaningful exposure to our business as an integral member of our client services team.
Your key responsibilities
You will work on multiple employee benefits projects delivering quality client service and providing flexible and innovative reward solutions. Additionally, you will integrate into and lead new actuarial teams, and rapidly establish relationships, as well as provide preliminary sign-off of multifaceted benefits engagements. You will also be expected to have excellent communication skills, integrate into and lead new teams, and rapidly establish relationships. You’ll be generating profitable revenue by identifying follow-on engagement opportunities and developing lasting relationships with clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Preliminary review of pension valuations, benefit certifications, and various government reports for a variety of clients
- Contribute to client satisfaction by providing timely and effective responses to client needs and concerns
- Participate in client meetings and work within a team environment to deliver fully integrated benefit services to clients
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Encourage and facilitate collaboration amongst team members, and promote an inclusive working environment
- Contribute to business development and client pursuit activities by preparing proposals and delivering presentations for potential clients
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in actuarial science, mathematics, or statistics, around four to six years of work experience and ASA or Enrolled Actuary Certification
- Excellent analytical, research and communication skills
- Proficiency in actuarial valuation software, Proval preferred
- Experience in reviewing pension funding and accounting valuations
- Ability to build client relationships and manage expectations
- Project management experience, planning, budget management, and reporting
Ideally, you’ll also have
- HR aspects of financial Due Diligence thorough the full life cycle of an acquisition
- Retirement plan financial management/derisking
- Benefits design and vendor management
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with the drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You’ll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. You’ll also have the opportunity to achieve your potential by being given professional development and experiences with clients across geographies. If you’re keen to play a pivotal role within a highly focused expat tax team, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.