Lead Commercial Partner, GTCS
Description of business unit
Our ambition is to be the National Champion Bank in Ireland, with UK and selective international diversification. Over the period to 2021, The Group's priorities are to transform our culture, systems and business model, serve customers brilliantly and grow sustainable profits.
The Finance function has a key part to play in driving and enabling delivery of these priorities by adding value to the organisation and ensuring we make the best use of our capabilities and resources for the maximum benefit of our customers, colleagues and communities.
The GTCS Commercial Partnering team is the key provider of financial and strategic support to the Group Technology & Customer Solutions (GTCS) businesses enabling them to set and achieve their business and strategic objectives.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Finance Director Enterprise Transformation & Group Centre, the successful candidate will have specific accountability for the effective provision of financial management and strategic leadership to the GTCS Division including budgeting, forecasting, performance achievement, benefit tracking and reporting to enable the achievement of our business and strategic objectives.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the financial management of the GTCS cost base, including the Group Change Portfolio, ensuring the delivery of our strategic cost savings ambition, and the efficient deployment of Group investment, in line with the Group's strategic objectives.
- Act as the Finance lead and strategic advisor for the GTCS Division, working closely with senior partners in order to drive balanced business performance.
- Ensure the Group Executive Committee and Group Board receive comprehensive and timely updates on GTCS performance vs targets (including benefits tracking and Strategic Transformation Investment Portfolio.
- Lead the GTCS commercial partnering team across the business functions, including Change
- Partner with the Business to observe and challenge the cost and efficiency efforts across GTCS, including the cost of change, to ensure cost reduction targets are met, and continuously identify new opportunities and thematic cost trends, demonstrating both technology improvements and the continued evolution of the Group operating model
- Challenge programme investment and assess value for money, by controlling the release of budget to Programmes linked to schedule and progress against spend and benefits targets;
- Apply financial skills and business understanding to interpret, analyse and critically interrogate financial information, creating insights and solution-led outputs to enable the GTCS Leadership Team to drive decisions and actions to achieve their overall business objectives;
- Act as key participant in delivering annual budget, ICAAP and quarterly forecasts for the GTCS Division.
- Establish strong collaborative relationships within the group and across the wider Finance Division.
- Empower the team to contribute their best and improve their potential, creating a culture of accountability, agility and collaboration.
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement throughout the team and wider Finance function, focussing on operational efficiency, creating organisational alignments and demonstrating the Group's investment in technology
What is the opportunity?
This position is a senior leadership role, which will be responsible for the commercial partnering for the GTCS Division
- Qualified accountant with 8 years PQE or extensive experience gained within a relevant business environment.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in a business leadership or senior role, influencing and advising decision making through the delivery and interpretation of high quality value-adding financial information.
- Strong communication skills and adept at establishing professional creditability at all levels in a dynamic Group Structure.
- Strong evidence of business acumen, decision-making and strategic execution to deliver the objectives of the Finance Division and support the overall Group strategy;
- Proven experience in leading and influencing change with the ability to meet challenging business objectives during periods of major business transformation and heightened change;
- Excellent leadership skills, exemplifying the Group's values of being customer-centric, agile, accountable and being 'One Group One Team'.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A track record in financial management and oversight of Change or Transformational programmes, or cost management experience, with a deep understanding of the drivers of costs in a financial institution
- Agile - Leader
- Customer Focused - Leader
- Accountable - Leader
- Champion Transformation - Leader
- Manage Risk - Leader
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.