Manager - Southampton
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package.
We have an opportunity for a manager to join our team, leading on the delivery of a significant programme to a client in the pharmaceutical and life sciences sector. This is a great opportunity for an individual to demonstrate their project management skills, working with teams across our global network.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be a Manager driving client engagements and delivery of work that will strengthen the growth and development of the Internal Audit and Compliance Risk practice, by supporting clients in mitigating risk and optimising value from third party relationships. You may work across the contracting lifecycle, including third-party risk assessments, third party audits of compliance with anti-bribery and corruption, health and safety and labour rights legislation etc.
You’ll be responsible for helping to manage engagements end-to-end which are delivered globally, driving quality and profitability, team development and great client experience. There will be opportunities for you to manage junior staff, and engage in growth initiatives and business development within the team. You’ll also:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the client’s key stakeholders, being a principal point of contact throughout the year.
- Manage the project team, ensuring key milestones are met, anticipating problems and escalating issues which require Director attention.
- Liaise with colleagues in our global network to ensure smooth delivery of the service. Manage any issues relating to BDO’s delivery globally.
- Manage individuals to ensure that work is completed on time and to the highest quality, including supporting key third party meetings.
- Review audit files, ensuring audit work has been completed fully, is appropriately supported by appropriate audit evidence and assessing the appropriateness of findings raised.
- Preparing audit reports, including providing appropriate recommendations to address the root cause of findings identified.
- Ensure project outputs are of a high standard, ensuring any reports are aligned with the underlying audit work and ensuring that the work has been appropriately quality assured.
- Ensure efficient use of resources on the project. Coach and manage the project team to get the best outcomes from both a quality and commercial perspective.
- Responsible for financial management in respect of the client.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new clients, and inform the Partner/Director as appropriate.
- Support Partners and Directors in the development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity.
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Relevant managerial experience, of which 3 years or more is in internal audit or in project management.
- Experience of managing global assignments.
- Awareness of compliance, legislative and market issues relevant to client businesses
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients, inputting into the overall audit strategy and plan, scoping audits, briefing staff and supervising audit delivery.
- Experience of reviewing audit files and audit reports.
- Previous experience of managing people
- Proficiency in MS suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CMIIA, CCAB qualified or overseas equivalent
Occasionally, as the role will involve supporting the delivery of global audits and local audit teams, some flexibility will be required in working hours to provide appropriate support to the audit teams.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical industry and contracts
- Experience in conducting and managing anti-bribery and corruption focused audits
- Fluency in other languages in addition to English would be an advantage
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- private medical insurance;
- cash benefits allowance;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.