Accounts Payable - Master Data Analyst - Japanese Speaker
- Checks and verifies records sent by business as a final validation for user requests.
- Maintenance all the master data records in SAP, perform creation and change for vendor and employees
- Perform data validation, detecting possible errors and obsolete master data.
- Provide ongoing user support and training for master data creation to ensure master data is accurately setup in SAP.
- Maintain up-to date process documents and work instructions for the role
- Enter vendor data in MDGS platform based on the user requests
- Approve the data and enhancements based on appropriate supporting
- Inform requestors that requests has been approved/completed
- Data entry in MDGS platform for bank details, change requests
- Receiving, sorting, verifying, exception handling, bar coding, scanning, pre-archiving AP documents for further processing
- Validate and Process PO and contract based invoices, Non-PO invoices, prepayments/down payments, etc.
- Review of supplier open items (due invoices, credit notes, debit balance, etc.) before execution of payment
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Investigate and Reverse Non-Successful Payments
- Perform month end closing activities according to the predefined schedule
- Prepare monthly, quarterly or yearly reporting, e.g. monthly KPI report and other operational reports subject to the affiliates requirements
- Perform AP balance sheet accounts reconciliations and clearing of aged items, e.g. GR/IR, GIT, Suspense account, etc.
- Perform supplier statement of account reconciliation and follow up on open items for closure
- Participate in any compliance audits and respond to audit queries if necessary
- Perform backup function and other duties, including job rotation to other functional teams as and when required under “Buddy System”
- Participate and support the teams in the implementation of projects
- Assists with system integration and testing as and when required
- Initiates process improvements and participate in implementation of process improvement projects
- Support business requirements by creating, updating, verifying and cleaning up master data for vendors in a timely and accurately whilst ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Accountable for the integrity and maintenance of vendor master data including both domestic and foreign entities
- Monitor the vendor master email box and review, resolve and follow-up on emails
- Ensure suppliers and intercompany invoices are processed timely and accurately within the SLA
- Ensure suppliers invoices are paid on time according to the agreed payment term
- Ensure intercompany invoices are paid according to intercompany payment schedule
- Ensure all work documentation and work processes are updated and meet with Internal Control Financial Reporting (ICFR), group policies and guidelines, local statutory and legal requirements within agreed service timelines.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of vendor master data creations and approval
- Ensure internal and external queries are attended timely within the SLA
- Review of duplicate requests or creation for Vendor Master
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree or Diploma in Finance & Accounting/Commerce or equivalent.
- Good communication skill and able to communicate effectively in English. Good proficiency in Japanese is mandatory as this role will be supporting Japan.
- At least 1-2 year of experience in transactional accounting teams and/or in a shared service environment.
- SAP knowledge or other ERP accounting systems and MS Office tools.
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be preferable.
- Fresh Graduate are encourage to apply.
Who we are
At Roche, 91,700 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity. Roche Diagnostics is committed to create a great place to work for its employees and in 2015 we have been accredited as Regional Best Employer Asia Pacific by Aon Hewitt. Individual Best Employer Awards were awarded in Singapore, Korea, China and India.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.