Business Analyst and New Solution Developer, Officer
Who we are looking for
Business Analyst and New Solution Developer role in Financial Reporting Department. This role is a part of the central team supporting Financial Reporting teams servicing various countries in terms of re-engineering the process, looking for and developing new solutions and proposing improvements and automations in current process.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Business Analyst and New Solution Developer you will
- Be a Change Leader for new solutions and initiatives – make sure that they are understood and incorporated
- Interpret business needs and support creation of new solutions in order to automate processes and create savings
- Maintain ongoing gap analysis of existing automatic solutions vs current process and propose changes/enhancements in order to automate processes and create savings
- Develop specific business requirements and functional specifications
- Analyze current status of service delivery and propose improvements
- Maintain leadership over ideas proposed by Business teams – assess proposed solutions and becoming Project Manager for the initiatives that are to be implemented
- Maintain leadership over technical / process issues raised by the team and convert them into improvements
- Work with Global improvement teams as Financial Reporting main point of contact and lead the new solutions testing and implementation
- Work with other departments, on improving the process and communication
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications especially MS Excel
- Proficiency in VBA / MS Access
- Knowledge of Visio, Python, Sharepoint would be an advantage
- Seeks responsibility
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English. Must be able to communicate effectively with employees in other departments, at all levels and be able to describe and explain processes
- Ability to lead projects
- Focused and committed to deliver quality results in a given timeframe
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- At least 3-5 years of directly correlative experience including relevant responsibilities
- Proven hands on experience with process re-engineering and improvement using VBA / MS Access / Visio or other programs in similar environment.
- General knowledge of finance industry.
- Project Management experience will be a plus.
- Fund administration and reporting is a plus.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.