Senior Manager, Tax Accounting Risk Advisory Services [Asia-Pacific Tax Center (APTC)]
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Tax Accounting Risk Advisory Services (TARAS) practice operates within APTC, focus on helping clients across sectors to effectively manage their tax accounting compliance and reporting (local statutory and group reporting).
TARAS professionals focus on details of income tax accounting, processes and internal controls over tax accounting and reporting. With engagements involving a few countries or many, you will have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated and consistent quality service that can help unlock the potential of the tax function across the entire record-to-report process.
As a Senior Manager in the services, you will spend your time transforming EY clients’ business.
Your key responsibilities:
- Work with a variety of teams to understand their income tax processes and identify process and technology improvement opportunities across the record-to-report process
- Utilize a variety of tools and techniques to document current state and identify future state processes
- Support the design and configure automation tools, such as robotic process automation, data integration and workflow related to tax accounting
- Serve across client centric solutions on mergers & acquisitions, tax controls development / remediation and accounting development changes
- For key clients, you will also help manage the implementation of centrally managed global outsourcing / sourcing models that provide clients with greater control and visibility over global tax accounting compliance and reporting activities, access to global team members with finance expertise, and development of new operating models to address new markets
- Serve on audits of key clients including those requiring local GAAP, IAS 12 and US GAAP ASC 740 tax reporting requirements
Skills and attributes for success:
- Good accounting background including strong command income of income tax accounting
- Experience in providing assurance services to listed clients
- Identify ways to automate manual tasks using existing financial or tax systems and emerging technologies
- Exhibit competency in technology by maintaining complex sets of data, reviewing data analytics and analyzing trends including the collection of data as per agreed financial statement close timelines and other requirements
- Understand EY methodologies / tools to enhance service delivery, challenge current procedures to find new approaches
- Strong spirit of entrepreneurship with colleagues and clients
- Function as Project Manager, team motivator, and oversee process guidance of workflow development
- Take ownership of tasks, make decisions and resolve issues including the escalation of client and internal partner issues while having a strong ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Ability to think strategically, suggest process improvements, understand how to define and help manage overall program risks
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of tax professionals
- Help develop and guide staff and other junior professionals by providing effective performancefeedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals
- Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client businesses
- Scoping of new opportunities: develop proposals and participate in oral presentations; provide high-quality services/work products; build relationships with clients, understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field and a minimum of 12 plus years of related work experience
- Certified Public Accountant or related designation
- Ability to lead a team, mentor counselees and manage client-serving business
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with exceptional client-serving consulting skills
- Demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize business requirements
- A natural flair for problem-solving and an entrepreneurial approach to work
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience working in public accounting firms
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.