Corporate Tax Manager
Purpose of role: Responsible for all aspects of UK corporate tax for the Primark Group
Reports to: Director of Tax, Primark
We are continuing to grow our international tax team to deliver against an ever-changing external legislative background and from continued business expansion into new territories and new products.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career within an Irish headquartered business where you are a key part of the decision-making process.
Your role is to identify and implement opportunities for improved or more efficient tax compliance processes and to ensure consistency across those processes. This is end-to-end responsibility which will involve working with stakeholders throughout the business from Store Development to Procurement and from the wider finance team, representing Tax at cross-functional forums and ensuring tax is considered in all relevant transactions.
We are a team that thrives on challenge with no two days being the same. With an ambitious business expansion planned throughout Europe and the US, there is plenty to keep us busy and we enjoy this variety of work. We are solution focussed, we aim to keep things simple and provide pragmatic advice to the business, whilst also ensuring we meet our requirements in terms of compliance. We drive a culture of continuous improvement and are looking for someone with a keen eye for opportunities no matter how big or small to simplify processes, automate them or simply eliminate unnecessary work so that we can continue to support the business strategy.
We expect you to be driven and ambitious and be able to shift from strategy to detail within the blink of an eye. We want you to be a good communicator and be able to explain any tax implications to other business areas in a simple and straight forward manner. We want you to be comfortable working with other teams and representing the tax team in wider business forums.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying process optimisation opportunities to ensure tax processes are both efficient and compliant
- Responsibility for tax compliance and reporting for the UK business; this includes both internal periodical reporting and external statutory reporting
- Supporting the Tax Director on tax enquiries and audits
- Representing Tax in cross-functional forums and developing good relationships across the business
- Advising and influencing senior stakeholders on the commercial impact of any tax law changes
- Contributing to the development of the wider team through training and hands-on coaching
- Monitoring compliance with transfer pricing agreements
- Reviewing relevant transactions, contracts and new business practices from a tax perspective
- Involvement in multiple ad hoc projects relevant to UK taxes
- Liaising with external advisors and managing relevant budgets
- Working with the wider Tax team to ensure consistency of approach for any inter-company transactions
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Big 4 trained with minimum of 3 years’ PQE in Tax.
- Proven experience in Accounting and Tax, industry experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of UK tax law an advantage.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.