Manager, Transaction Diligence (Financial Services), Strategy and Transactions
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our FS Transaction Diligence team aims to assist clients throughout the entire transaction process, and works closely with other specialists across EY. Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of our work, transaction support is much broader, incorporating assistance with strategic assessment, transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion processes.
Typically, you'll analyse the financial and operational results of financial services (including FinTech) companies targeted for investment by reviewing financial information and participating in interviews with management. You'll work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress. You will work on opportunities across ASEAN and occasionally across APAC.
You'll also help to create a positive learning culture for junior team members and support their development. And as part of your role in the wider team, you’ll have a role to play in other team initiatives – for example, account management and recruitment.
Your key responsibilities:
- Understand the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements with the client, providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions and advice
- Work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within transaction support and other departments in EY both in the ASEAN and Asia-pacific to form multi-disciplinary teams
- Gather, verify and analyse information, and formulate views
- Plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including excel databooks, written reports, presentations and discussions with the client
- Plan and monitor the progress of the team
- Understand the capabilities of the firm and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients
Skills and attributes for success:
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the financial services sector
- Excellent analytical, IT and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualified
- Commercial awareness gained through direct experience of the financial services sector (either from within an Audit or Transaction Support role)
- Strong academic record including a degree
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Strong word, excel and PowerPoint skills
Ideally, you also have:
- Prior experience of working on mergers and acquisitions
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization covering the Financial Services industry
- Experience in ASEAN
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.